• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Reliable AR 15 Pistol

I have one of the MCX's in 300 with the 10" barrel and it's been Rock solid

They do have a 223 version, i have a 16" in 223 which has been the same in reliability. I want a 10" 223 version maybe Christmas for me....

From my experience if you build them right, they work. Only issues I’ve seen if from cheap buffers or gas leaks. But I’ve only had a few.

I have 3 10"-10.5" AR Pistols. One is 300blk and the other 2 are 5.56. First 5.56 has a DD 1:7 barrel on it and the other has a WOA 1:7 on it. They are both extremely accurate pistols. They have ran 100% with the DD having over 2000rd through it without a issue. Both have adjustable gas blocks tuned to hold open on last round and heavy buffers and JP buffer springs. I run all of mine suppressed.

I found with the heavy buffer and gas block tuned it runs extremely smooth compared to using a standard carbine buffer and non-adjustable gas block. Im running a Spikes Heavy Buffer

Reactions: winniedonkey
Bcm kmr has done me good. Few thousand rounds through it and can’t remmeber having a single malfunction. It’s an 11.5, which bcm found to be a great length for an ar pistol, as saving an extra inch in the 10.5 in 556 comes with a ton of velocity loss. Running a heavy buffer with a battle arms lower.

Spikes lower with Spikes lower parts kit
Tailhook Mod2 Brace
Law Tactical folder
Fixed DD front sight
MBUS Pro rear sight
TLR1-HL
BCM KAG, Rail Panels and Mod 3 grip
Aimpoint Pro(it is currently wearing a Eotech EXPS 3-0)
Geissele SSA Trigger
Geissele Super Charging Handle
Geissele Super 42 Buffer Spring with H1 buffer
Complete Daniel Defense DDM4V7S 11.5" upper with DD BCG

Runs like a Singer sewing machine......around 2500 rounds through it with 0 malfunctions with Surefeed(USGI), Lancer and P-Mags. Love the DD uppers with the CHF barrels and pinned gasblock. I have a Dead Air 3 prong flash hider that will be going on soon when I get my Sandman S out of NFA jail. I have read the 11.5" inch barrels have 40% more dwell time than the 10.3" barrels. All I know is she shoots smooth. I generally just build the lowers and like to buy the complete upper.

20180419_231935.jpg

I built with a Noveske 10.5 CHF, Noveske RCA BCG, standard spring and buffer, LAW folder. It runs 556/223 very well and shoots flat and soft. I'm happy with it just wish it would with run 22lr with the CMMG kit but no.

I have 2 psa pistols one in blackout and one in 5.56. I bought my wife a couple too. All with sig braces or blade style arm braces. The blackout suppressed is fairly accurate and the 5.56 ar s Are even better. My wife’s 7.5 ar barrel pistol In 5.56 will shoot 2 inches at 100 yards with my reloads, scoped of course. I’ve personally had good luck with psa although I have read some people haven’t. Best thing about the psa build kits and completed guns are the prices.

Before the M4, Colt developed the Commando which was essentially about an 11" AR with carbine gas and carbine recoil system. If you make a combo like that, it should be reliable (for a pistol).

Since that's the barrel length you are looking for, just try to emulate that, then you can juggle with buffer weight and adjustable gas to tune it up if you think it is too harsh.

FNG checking in. This is something i can contribute to. I grabbed a M4E1 Aero 10.5 complete upper not long ago. Threw it on a stripped gen 2 Aero lower with a spikes T2 buffer. Its ran everything 100% reliably. PMC, XTAC, and a steady diet of Wolf Gold lately. Probably 600 rounds so far. Not a huge amount but 0 failures. Also, fwiw, with the fit and finish, machining ect, I feel its one of the best "bang for your buck" manufactures. Rock solid

Really comes down to your budget. But generally go 11.5in minimum for 5.56 to decrease internal parts wear and increase reliability. Hand in hand with that, get a quality adjustable gas block like an SLR Rifleworks or Superlative Arms, And finally, generally unless you are on a very tight budget building (or paying to have one built) will net you way more price/performance.

If you give us a budget OP we can be more specific.