• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Reliable trigger for Gen 3 G17v

BurtG

GOLDEN TICKET HOLDER
Supporter
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Nov 9, 2022
    Northeast
    What’s a good reliable trigger for a Gen 3 glock 17? Mine is maybe 15 years old. Trigger feels like it’s 15 pounds.

EDE6C679-4F5A-472D-9A00-30FBF36B48DA.jpeg

What’s a good reliable trigger for a Gen 3 glock 17? Mine is maybe 15 years old. Trigger feels like it’s 15 pounds.

View attachment 8249224

When's the last time you completely disassembled the trigger guts to clean and lube it? Is it a completely stock trigger?

How far away was that target shot from and with what splits?

Ain’t nobody got time for that^

Trigger always been heavy af
    People are amazed when they pull the trigger at how heavy it is

I bought this used and added the SRO. Trigger makes it about 1000x easier to shoot. I’m a terrible shot and 5-6” plate at 25 and 50 are doable for me , 100 yd 66% ipsc isnt that bad either.
    9D9E1BC7-A268-463C-8F94-C9F3B6CFF53A.jpeg

We don’t tolerate terrible triggers on bolt guns. No sense in tolerating crap on pistols

Reactions: M8541Reaper
    I use the Haley Skimmer in my Gen 3 17. Never had an issue with it and I’m about 15k on the pistol with 7k or so on that trigger. She be buttery smooth.

I used a Vogel in my g34 Gen 4 and it was nice. Sold that pistol years ago.

Most people suck with handguns and love to blame them instead of their shit grip and trigger control. I take opinions on this topic from people I don't know with a pound of salt.

Having said that, this is on my Gen 3 17: https://www.zevtechnologies.com/PRO-Curved-Face-Glock-Trigger-Upgrade-Bar-Kit-Small-Blk-Red

I don't know what the actual pull weight is (and don't really GAF) mostly because I know how to press it to the break without fucking things up. Magically my Glocks don't shoot low and left.

The thing I like about that trigger is that is softens the wall significantly. The more a Glock trigger feels like a true DA trigger with a rolling break and no stacking, the better it is to me.

Most people suck with handguns and love to blame them instead of their shit grip and trigger control. I take opinions on this topic from people I don't know with a pound of salt.
    Absolutely agree.

[below is not directed at anyone in this thread but rather just a statement on upgrading equipment]

If you can’t clean a dot torture drill with a stock modern pistol and factory ammo, you don’t need to upgrade anything other than yourself.

Oh idgaf I have money and no time.

We don’t tell new rifle shooters to start with a Remington 700 with a non adjusted or non adjustable lawyer trigger

Decent trigger is a must for any gun. Like the guy said only accurate guns are interesting

Oh idgaf I have money and no time.
    You can think whatever you like. But you can absolutely not buy handgun proficiency.

If you don't have 15 - 20 min a day to invest in disciplined dry fire and spend 2 - 4 hours a month on focused live fire you will never amount to anything with a pistol.

You may or may not need a training class to give you the basics. That depends on how analytical and honest with yourself you are.

Learn to shoot.

This is what a guy who puts in the work can do with a stock Glock

100% Indian not the bow. However, DS said he wanted a good trigger. Good triggers make shooting more fun, they aren't magic that makes the bullets go where you want.

Reactions: BurtG
    I have a box full of different aftermarket disconnectors, strikers, and springs. I usually just mix them all up, trial and error, until I find a combination that feels good. Then I dry fire until the sights stopp wiggling. It's a Glock, don't over think it.

He said reliable.
    Plenty of reliable 1911s, I'm not talking about a stock springer. Guys will spend $5k+ on glass for a $10k rifle to play with and then cheap out on their carry gun. Doesn't make sense, don't be a poor. Won't make you a better shot unless you practice though.

I really like a spring only kit from the glockstore.

Its easy to install and you don't get into geometry trouble with changing out hard parts.

I think this is the best thing......keeping the glock reliable.....while improving the feel of the trigger.

Ern

For my Glocks, I like to use either a Zev or an Apex trigger/bar. I will use a Ghost disconnect in either 3.5 or 5 lbs. Maritime cups and a wolf 6 lbs. spring for the striker. (a tool steel striker is nice too) the heavier spring heavier striker helps with harder primer like CCI. The 6 lbs spring with the 3.5 lbs disconnect gives me a nice 4 - 4.25 lbs break. If you want to keep things stock - take it apart and clean everything out then put in some time polishing the trigger bar. If the striker feels gritty, take it apart and clean/polish it as well. Last, make sure the firing pin block isn't messed up / excessivly dirty - that could also cause a heavy take up...

good luck, have fun!

2pm is really early to be that drunk.
    Can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning.
    This is one of the dumbest things that have been posted here in a long while
    How so? I want the best tool that I can afford for the job, that I am most comfortable with and has proven reliable. I also think that it is important to spend money and time to practice and be proficient with whatever gun you pick to do the job. I'm low speed high drag and not a professional so I like to add some stress by competing. Not saying at all that that is the same as a two way range, but I'd like to avoid those. There are guys who can out shoot us both with a kel tech, doesn't mean everyone should carry them.

Didn't mean to derail, was only making a joke originally. I have an apex in a gen3 g19 that is better than the stock trigger was, not saying much.

How so? I want the best tool that I can afford for the job, that I am most comfortable with and has proven reliable. trigger was, not saying much.

You're confusing more expensive with better.

You're confusing more expensive with better.
    The point of diminishing returns on a hand gun is one that must be determined by the individual. That's why IWB holsters are made for everything from kel techs to Infinitys. I have had issues with $500 stock glucks and $7500 custom guns. Guess which was more disappointing but also easier to get rectified? Ultimately we can only decide for ourselves what "better" is. A Shadow 2 is a better gun to me than a Yeet Cannon. A Zev is better than an xd. To the broke kid I used to be, my gay xd was the best. Because it was what I could afford and I practiced with it.

Reactions: MediumSpeed

I bought this used and added the SRO. Trigger makes it about 1000x easier to shoot. I’m a terrible shot and 5-6” plate at 25 and 50 are doable for me , 100 yd 66% ipsc isnt that bad either.
    View attachment 8249228

We don’t tolerate terrible triggers on bolt guns. No sense in tolerating crap on pistols
    Looks like a Zev trigger shoe in the pic, so the fire control parts on the inside are probably Zev as well. The whole package is likely Zev's fulcrum trigger kit.

Some folks consider a good handgun trigger just has to do with reducing pull weight - not entirely so. The feel of the break needs to be clean and consistent with no crunch-tick garbage. A clean 5-6 lb break with polished engagement surfaces will feel better than any 3 lb stacking crunch-and-tick break. The Glock in your original post sounds like it probably has the NY fire control parts in it to be that heavy. The NY triggers usually break at 8 lbs or more. That makes for a poor interface between human and machine for sure. Its a wonder how NY cops even qualify with such garbage for a trigger.

Zev, Johnny Glocks, and Charlie Vanek trigger kits are very notable improvements over the out-of-the-box mass produced stock rough edged stamped steel fire control parts. They sell fire control assemblies that you just drop in your Glock and go. There's also tons of online videos on just polishing your existing internals if you have the time.

Once you get a quality trigger break, you will really be able to concentrate your mental energy into developing and advancing your pistol fundamentals because the gun will no longer be holding you back.

Learn to shoot.

This is what a guy who puts in the work can do with a stock Glock

I don't know what generation Glock he's shooting, but it certainly is running and tracking as flat as my Gen 5 G17 does with 147gr bullets. People ask me all the time at matches what I have done to my Glock 17.5 to get it to run and track as flat as it does. I tell them that it is a just a stock recoil spring assembly and 147gr bullets running at 130,000 power factor. Most are very doubtful its that simple, so I take them over to the safe area and take the slide off and show them the truth inside.

The Gen 5 full size frame 9mms run a .240" longer recoil spring assembly than Gen 4 and earlier, and it certainly seems to be a step in the right direction for flattening out the recoil cycle.

My old gen 4 G34 just sits in the safe now. No matter what combination of bullet weight or recoil spring weight I've tried in it, It is only 85-90% as capable as my G17.5 is in my hands.

Last edited:
    If one wants to shoot Glocks better, you don’t waste money on fancy triggers, you just throw in any ~$20 minus/3.5 connector, call it done, and then order a Captains of Crush gripper or two.

Reactions: 308pirate
    I don't know what generation Glock he's shooting, but it certainly is running and tracking as flat as my Gen 5 G17 does with 147gr bullets. People ask me all the time at matches what I have done to my Glock 17.5 to get it to run and track as flat as it does. I tell them that it is a just a stock recoil spring assembly and 147gr bullets running at 130,000 power factor.

From the comments,
    Gun - Glock 17 Gen 5 MOS - Trijicon SRO - Tactical Trigger Drop in Kit

@MatteoTSU77

2 weeks ago
    Congratulations Brantley! seeing you run is truly a spectacle....and then with that GLOCK 17 you really impress me!! BTW what bullet weight do you use? 124 gn or 135 gn? greeting fron one italian fun

1 reply
    @brantleymerriam
    2 weeks ago
    I really appreciate it man! This match I ran 115gr ammo but my normal go to is 147gr.

you dont have one of those NYPD trigger springs in it do you?

theres 2 versions of the bastards....the NY1 which is an 8lb pull

View attachment 8249930

and the NY2 which is an 11lb pull
    View attachment 8249931

everyone's always bitching about Glock triggers.....ive owned maybe 10 or so glocks over 3 generations.....dont get me wrong, the triggers arent tuned 1911s....but theyve never been anything atrocious...so im always a little confused when i hear people complaining about how terrible they are.

He ain't got time to clean his guns or even look inside . So how the fuck would he know?

He's got money.

@BurtG

• Haha
    Reactions: BurtG and ...