• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrdrar

Private
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2011
Two observations:
1) Most people (not necessarily here) stay the religion that they were born into. They never seriously consider it.
2) A lot of people seriously dislike people not of their religion based only on belief not behavior (Christian, Catholic, Evangelical, Jewish--I'll leave out Muslims only to avoid a distraction from the concept).
Any thoughts?

Rule #5 on Sniper's Hide rules:
Religious posts of any kind are frowned upon. This site is not for the discussion of one's faith as we feel that is a private matter best left off the forum. Attacking a member due to their political, religious, or sexual orientation will be grounds for removal without a warning.

I'll leave out Muslims only to avoid a distraction from the concept).

That's kind of significantly disingenuous of you.
Islam is one of the most populous religions in the world and growing fast.

You won't find any Christian countries that have it as a death penalty offense to convert to another religion, hell it's not even a crime.
Same for Israel.

However you will find that plenty in Islamic countries, including in places where the USA is occupying and supposedly "nation building"...

If you aren't going to include one of the most populous religions in your attempted debate, then get the fuck out of here.

osa0gzH2j6I1.jpeg

As far as I can tell after 61 years and thousands of hours of study, all religions and all gods are manmade.
I almost agree. While I dont like putting a name on it, I have experienced enought to know that there is a power behink all this, call it what you want. What you cant do is put it in a little box that follows what you choose to believe. The best description O
ve found is from the liner of the Vanilla Fudge album.

"The perpetual, inconceptual, is, and silently awaits recognition, from we the people." What ever 'IT' is, it is, no more, no less.

Truth is. Period.

Religions, all f them, are distortions of Truth, used to manipulate and control the weak and fearful. Avoid religion, they're much like governments.

I have observed that the smarter a man or woman *believes* he or she is...the less likely their chances of believing in a creator. I have known but one humble atheist in my life.

I also see many people firmly rooted in a doctrine of religion that is contrary to the scripture that they attempt to cite to prove their points. In other words, they have relied their whole lives on what they were told, and not what they read. The majority of their fundamental quotes are taken out of context. These people are dangerous and frequently decieved.

I see many people who are into the religion of science, yet they are unable to argue how nothing plus nothing equals everything to the most complex details of life. Their explanations of why the human race constantly seeks fulfillment outside of eating, sleeping, and shitting contain more guessing and require more faith than most religions.

Then, there are the true crazies...The people who avoid the overtly false religions always rooted in greed, who avoid the science arguments based off of a string of assumptions, who avoid the pride of atheism and always just trying to prove the other person wrong. These people have studied the word of their own chosen scripture to a point where they can actually provide an answer to rebuttals that lasts longer than a half-sentence. They don't hate others who believe different, because it was commanded to love them (not tolerate their garbage, but still act with compassion towards them). Yes, they'll share their beliefs with you on occasion becausethey were also commanded to share the gospel...but won't try to drown you in them because they understand that not everyone was blessed with the grace to even have enough faith to first believe.

^ Plus, they actually expect to be hated for their beliefs, and rejoice at a little persecution because they - in their own mind - understand that it means their faith is firm.

Some of those crazies even visit gun forums 99.9% of the time...just to talk about guns. What a bunch of wierdos.

Last edited:
1. Raised Catholic. Consider myself non denominational Christian. The catholic Church has strayed too far left and protect their money over the people they are to serve.
2. I have no issue whatsoever if people are of a different religion. I judge people by their actions, especially the ones that say they are Christian, yet vote for the party that kills babies or are for immoral behavior like homosexual marriage.

1. Raised Catholic. Consider myself non denominational Christian. The catholic Church has strayed too far left and protect their money over the people they are to serve.
2. I have no issue whatsoever if people are of a different religion. I judge people by their actions, especially the ones that say they are Christian, yet vote for the party that kills babies or are for immoral behavior like homosexual marriage.
Interestingly enough you called out Catholics. There are two warring factions within the catholic faith.

Nothing draws a crowd like a crowd and nothing builds a crowd like a fight.

And nothing starts a fight like religion.

Aren't religious threads persona non grata?

Reactions: Slash0311

I think they are indeed, in general, verboten here.

So far however; I've yet to see name calling, intellect questioning, and general hatred towards another member in this post...something pretty difficult to accomplish even in one of the other 'non-pit' sub-forums by this point.

Maybe, we'll get to hold onto this one until someone tries to convert another through a profanity laced verbal attack (always successful conversion that way), or perhaps a 6.5 Creedmoor shooter gets lost, finds this thread, gets upset because they have their hair bun too tight today, and reports it.

Last edited:
U r A fUcKInG mOrOn!

Criteria met?

I was under the impression that here all is fair game, where the line is drawn is personal attacks and attacks on family.

My two bits, in the "christian" religion I see a few things I take issue with, some things that has put an "us vs them" attitude for thousands of years. Lending money for starters. I can say the same thing about the other religions, there are some good in there, and some real bad....in some cases REAL bad. In the end you do you and I will do me. It is not on you to "save" me.

Personally I know where I stand and I am good with that. Even having seen death look me in the face a time or two, and really thinking back on those events I was good where I was. Did not really want to go, still had stuff I wanted to do, but I was good over all. I think that is all that matters.
Is any of it "real", don't know. But I do know what passes as religion today is a man made enterprise.....something for money and control.

Reactions: SWgeezer
Two observations:
1) Most people (not necessarily here) stay the religion that they were born into. They never seriously consider it.
2) A lot of people seriously dislike people not of their religion based only on belief not behavior (Christian, Catholic, Evangelical, Jewish--I'll leave out Muslims only to avoid a distraction from the concept).
Any thoughts?

I was raised Catholic however about 10 years ago when I REALLY began to study the Bible and othet Biblical texts I came to realize that Catholicism is VERY far from what The Christ preached.

Two observations:
Any thoughts?
how does leaving out muslims avoid distraction, they are central to your intended point

• Love
Reactions: W54/XM-388
I was raised Catholic however about 10 years ago when I REALLY began to study the Bible and othet Biblical texts I came to realize that Catholicism is VERY far from what The Christ preached.
this is true but it's still HIS church

I agree, quite upset with things in the catholic faith but it's still the strongest, does the most charity, runs more hospitals, helps more than all others

don't forget, anything touched by man is corruptable

Reactions: Maggot
My folks shoved me through catholic school 1st-5th grade, only so I'd get my ass beat if I got outta line. Never was baptized, so I got to have the seeds of hate planted for organized religion then as well. Every Wednesday was mass, and all my friends got to go have that godam cracker deal(communion?), and I had to be either in a room by myself or somewhere out of sight that day.

I almost agree. While I dont like putting a name on it, I have experienced enought to know that there is a power behink all this, call it what you want. What you cant do is put it in a little box that follows what you choose to believe. The best description O
ve found is from the liner of the Vanilla Fudge album.

"The perpetual, inconceptual, is, and silently awaits recognition, from we the people." What ever 'IT' is, it is, no more, no less.

Truth is. Period.

Religions, all f them, are distortions of Truth, used to manipulate and control the weak and fearful. Avoid religion, they're much like governments.
I believe there definitely is a higher force that drives us all towards life. Maybe just that being alive is better than being dead. An example I've considered is a young baby learning to walk. What is it that drives this infantile mental, helpless being etc to pick its' self up again and again and again?
The invisible force that influences things like "gut feelings" etc is some of the same stuff. It's extremely egotistical, imo, to try to name this, or claim its' interpretation as your own and then force it on a group of people. At the very least, this can be viewed as a power grab, even with the best of intentions.

I use to be Christian and now I am not but I respect everyone's right to worship whatever they chose as long as no one gets hurt in the process. All religions are derived and driven from faith which can be very fragile. There is a 50/50 chance of an afterlife and we will all get an opportunity to see which side of that 50/50 we fall on. At some point in the future I might well be saying " I sure messed up on that decision" but time will tell.

Two observations:
Any thoughts?
This is why I don't practice any religion. I practice peace of mind.

Reactions: Mwalex
I use to be Christian and now I am not but I respect everyone's right to worship whatever they chose as long as no one gets hurt in the process. All religions are derived and driven from faith which can be very fragile. There is a 50/50 chance of an afterlife and we will all get an opportunity to see which side of that 50/50 we fall on. At some point in the future I might well be saying " I sure messed up on that decision" but time will tell.
I share that position, at least to a point. I've seen and read of too many atrocities done in the name of Christianity, to associate with that. I just try to honor the Almighty, assuming there is one, and treat others as I wish to be treated, and move on.

Attaching a specific religion to your name has zero effect on your afterlife...except the religion of atheism.

This debate can't be had without the mention of a higher being.
All "religions" have one or for some many.

A "scientific" approach would be to seek out the number of "fine tuning events" required for this universe to exist.
A common placation is intelligent design.

R

Reactions: Snipe260
Status
Not open for further replies.