• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Reloader 22 is it scarce everywhere?

Alabama556

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • May 15, 2008
    Birmingham, AL
    I just realized i dont have much left. Is this stuff scarce everywhere?

sorry if it is a dumb question. my local store has lots of H and Imr powders but no r22.

Yep. Bought a pound in January and haven't seen it since here in Utah...

I have not seen it anywhere for a while. Alabama and Georgia area shops and shows that I frequent. However you never know what you will find sitting on the shelf of a small gun shop. Went to a shop yesterday that I had been in, and there were two boxes of .243 Amax on the shelf. Have not found those for a while either.

I just back ordered 5lbs from brownells and I am on the wait list at a local store in Birmingham. I saw 1 lb in Casper Wyoming last week but had no way to get it home. I did not want it bad enough to pay $33 for the powder and then have to ship it.

Here in MT we have had VARGET and H-4350 the past 2-3 months. Other than the occasional pounders of Re-7 or Re-12....Zero Reloader powder. I've been looking for 17, 19 , 22 and 25 for months now.

Plenty of 15 here and Accurate 4350, no Varget. I saw 2 lbs of H1000 with a happy customer a couple weeks ago. No .22 rimfire anywhere - it is hurting Christmas for the guys who want a .22 for the kids. On the other hand the local Walmart suddely has boxes and boxes of Tula .223 and even 100 round boxes of .308 match at $108.00.

Too bad your not closer, I've got 4 or 5lbs of RL-22 I'd like to trade.

It is my own fault. I have not shot my 300 mag rifles in a few years and thought I had all I needed. At least I have a lifetime supply of primers.

Story about the same up here in the NE. I've been waiting on a back order from December 2012 for RE-7 & Retumbo! No delivery date available yet from distributor. . Not for hoarding purposes mind you, but to resupply my annual consumption of powder. Getting frustrated checking in every week for news.
    Not worth your drive egraham, but I do have full jugs of RL-22, RL-19, and IMR 4320 in the closet if anyone in dire need. Would gladly swap out for what I need.
    Serpent

I would guess that powders will soon become more readily available. My local store had empty shelves for a long time, but three separate shipments of powder have arrived there in the last several weeks. The Varget is all gone now, but there were cans of it on the shelves for about a month. They still have Retumbo, RL-22 and a good variety of other popular powders. We are in a very out-of-the-way location and the locals don't snatch everything up as soon as it hits the shelves, but the fact that the store even got delivery of all these powders seems to be a good sign. It's a pretty nice feeling to be able to walk into the store and select any powder you want right off the shelf! Hopefully it will be that way again across the country soon.

Keep a hawk eye on powder valley. I picked up 10 lbs each they past two months of varget, RL 22 and H4831sc. That should keep me shooting for a year or two.