• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

reloader 25

hambsteel

Private
Minuteman
Apr 25, 2014
Guys, I've always used retumbo for my 300rum. Ran across some r25 last week and impulsed buy. I've never used this. Is this stuff real temp sensitive? What can i expect? I've been using 95g retumbo with a 208amax. Thanks

I run it in my .243 with the 115 DTACs and haven't had much in the way of temp swings, but I'm throwing only 47.5 grains.

Im running 71.5 gr of Norma 217, which is supposedly the same powder as RL 25, in a 300 win mag. The difference between 88f and 100f was within one standard deviation so it is hard to tell if it was the temp that increased the velocity. Yesterday, it was 101f and I left my rounds in the sun inadvertently (they were very hot to the touch), and the DOPE was still spot on out to 742 yards.

As far as my testing in a 7 saum, 217 didn't do much, RL 25 kicks ass. To say they're the same, I question that. IMHO, RL 25 is quite temp sensitive. It hasn't been hot enough for me to give concrete data, but a load that functioned fine through the fall and winter is too hot in 75 degree weather.

I emailed the powder manufacturer and asked this question after i read about the claims. Their response was that it was stable and denied the issue. I have 10lbs of it and have not had a issue from my 300 win mag. I live in texas however so i havent shot in extreme swings. I speciffically asked if i needed to develop a cold and hot weather load due to sensitivity issues to which they said no. Its shot extremely well for me

I emailed the powder manufacturer and asked this question after i read about the claims. Their response was that it was stable and denied the issue. I have 10lbs of it and have not had a issue from my 300 win mag. I live in texas however so i havent shot in extreme swings. I speciffically asked if i needed to develop a cold and hot weather load due to sensitivity issues to which they said no. Its shot extremely well for me

I feel bad for those that live in places where it is near zero in the winter then 90 or more in the summer. Texas, 65 in the winter, 95 in the summer. Not to mention the giant white tail.

I've had extremely good results with RL-25 in my 338LM. I'm getting 2951fps with 91gr under a 300gr SMK. 30" tube.

I love RE25 for the small groups I shoot with it. However, I hate it for its temp sensitivity. I used to have different loads for temps below 50 degrees, up to 70 degrees, and anything above 90 degrees. I've switched to H1000 in most cases.

thanks for the info guys! I think Im gonna sell it locally for what I got in it and keep my search on for honest priced retumbo.

I feel bad for those that live in places where it is near zero in the winter then 90 or more in the summer. Texas, 65 in the winter, 95 in the summer. Not to mention the giant white tail.

I don't know what part of Texas has that kind of weather, but here it gets to 10 every winter and 110 every summer. I doubt there's many places that can have as rapid a temperature swing as we have here either. Sometimes fifty degrees in 24 hours. That's kind of why I use H1000 and hoard RL-25!