• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reloader 26 in 6.5x47

wkh_6x47

Private
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2019
I see a lot of people talking about RL-26 in 6.5 Creedmoor and wondered if it would work for 6.5x47, I know the case capacity is less and you might not be able to fit enough in the case for decent velocity? Sorry if this has been covered I did a search and didn't find it.

Ah... you can try to find a load with it. 6.5x47 is known for accuracy with H4350 though.

Yes I have good luck with H4350 and Varget in my 6.5x47, was just curious if anyone had tried it

Why the interest in RL-26? I run H4350 or Varget pushing 130 gr. bullets. 4 grains less for Varget vs. H4350. Both perform well.

I tried it in 6.5 Creedmoor and it was accurate and was 120fps faster that my H4350 load so I was thinking it might work in the 6.5x47 with heavy bullets. Not looking to change loads I'm happy with Varget for now and RL26 is tough to find.