• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reloading 6.5x300 WB

shona

Private
Minuteman
Dec 5, 2013
Can anyone advise on necking down new 300 WB Norma brass to 6.5x300, please? Is it simply a single-stage process or progressive.

Thanks
shona

I would at least do it in 2 stages. When I did it crushed some cases going from 30 to 6.5. I'd go 28 then 6.5 even better 28 27 then 6.5

I would at least do it in 2 stages. When I did it crushed some cases going from 30 to 6.5. I'd go 28 then 6.5 even better 28 27 then 6.5
That sounds like good advice. Looks like I'll have to invest in a few more dies then. I take it, you would be using a neck die only, leaving the body of the case as is?

Thanks
shona

That sounds like good advice. Looks like I'll have to invest in a few more dies then. I take it, you would be using a neck die only, leaving the body of the case as is?

Thanks
shona
When attempting this necking operation, which dies would you recommend exactly ?
As I would be sizing the neck only, would I have to source Weatherby dies specifically to avoid any shoulder contact?
As you can see, I'm a newbie at this so please excuse my inexperience lol.

Thanks
shona

I would just buy 300 weatherby or 6.5 weatherby bushing dies and buy different bushings. You can use full length or neck die doesn't matter just unscrew full length where the die doesn't contact shoulder

I would just buy 300 weatherby or 6.5 weatherby bushing dies and buy different bushings. You can use full length or neck die doesn't matter just unscrew full length where the die doesn't contact shoulder
Sounds like a plan!
Thank's for the advice, it's very much appreciated my friend.

shona

No problem good luck and let me know how it goes. Lube the necks up good with imperial sizing wax.