• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reloading 7mm-08

patrickd34

Private
Minuteman
Mar 22, 2010
I just purchased my first rifle in 7mm. I picked up a remington mountain LSS in 7mm-08. I have been thinking about the 140gr berger and or the 140 gr accubond. My first attempt with the accubonds turned out a little less than I was hoping for. Does anyone have any experience with the this caliber rifle and the two bullet choices Im leaning towards? Thanks for the help any input is appreciated.

Re: Reloading 7mm-08

For hunting loads in a light 7mm-08 I used either the Nosler 120 gr BT and 45 grains Varget; or the 130 gr Sierra SMK and 50 grains H4350.

WW Brass, Fed 210M primers

Depending on the powder with the Bergers you can get good results.

Varget try 41.5gr should be around 2800 FPS
4895 try 41 should be close to 2850 FPS

Both powders shoot pretty good but my guns are a Savage and a Marlin.

Are you not getting the kind of accuracy you want with the Accubonds? I've run them through another caliber/system, they're a little skinnier than they should be and work better out of a dirty bore.

Jim

Ive been testing with the W760 and getting ok results. Im not sure what to expect out of this gun or if my standards are too high. Ive never owned a mountain light gun but Im starting to see that heat is a serious issue. I have been shooting three shot groups and not getting what I want so I started shooting one shot and letting the gun cool all the way back down to where it was when I shot the first shot. The same load will go from shooting over and inch group to shooting sub moa if I give it 5 minutes in between each shot. Does anyone know if this is normal? Most of my guns have heavy barrels so Ive never had to deal with it. Or should I just keep doing what im doing.

I'm with BobinNC. For a great white tail/antelope load stick with the 130 grain. I use the Speer BTSP with Vit N140.
Great accuracy in my little Model 7.

Ive got some loads with varget loaded up so im going to give them a try and see what they can do.