• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reloading bench??? What are you using??

stefan73

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Mar 6, 2006
    CENLA
    I have an RCBS Ammomaster and a Lee Turret press.
    I was wondering what you are using for a reloading bench/loading work area?
    I plan to do some .50 BMG loading but most of my loading will be .308 some .300WM and I'll use the LEE for some of my pistol stuff.

Any suggestions?

Thank you,
    Stefan

Re: Reloading bench??? What are you using??

100_4361.jpg

I glued scrap ply to hardwood ply and braced under with some cross pieces of white board. I then made 90 degree legs 3"x3" and attached those to the edge of the ply and filled in the rest of the ply edge with white board and then routed with a flush trim bit to smooth the top. I added braces on the side of the legs and along the back put a 10" shelf/foot rest. I then stained it "gunstock" giving the top a nice two-tone look between the different wood types and then finished with a chemical resistent clear coat. It was pretty cheap to make and is extremely sturdy for my progressive press even for rifle. If I were to reload something like .50 I would probably get a steel pedestal and lag it into my garage floor though.

I started with a pos old desk when I was just doing pistol rounds. When we started shooting rifles I built a bech out of square tubing with 2x8's for the top. Then topped it off with 3/4 inch mdf that we sealed. Later added pegboard to the back and an overhead 4ft light. Built shelves in the closet for powder/primers and bullets.