• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reloading data for Tikka Tac A1

Sako man

profesional dilettante
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Sep 7, 2012
    Galactic Sector ZZ9 Alpha Xray Plural.
    Hi People, any idea where I can get some load data for 139 grain Scenars or 142 SMKs for my Tikka Tac A1? Looking around and don't see any threads. Posted in the Tikka thread as well. Thanks in advance and apologize for double post.

Sako.

If next week works out how I want it to, I'll be in your same boat with my new to me Tac A1 in 6.5 Creedmoor. I've been shooting a mess of 147 ELDm and 130 Norma Golden Target the last year, but I may switch over to the 142 SMK and 130 TMK because..... well because.

Reactions: Sako man
    Hi People, any idea where I can get some load data for 139 grain Scenars or 142 SMKs for my Tikka Tac A1? Looking around and don't see any threads. Posted in the Tikka thread as well. Thanks in advance and apologize for double post.

Sako.

Seriously? Isn’t there a sub-forum just below this one with a 6.5 CM thread that has over 1400 posts with load data?

So, lead the way instead of being a smart ass, isn't that what Marines do, or do they just wait for orders from the Navy. ;)

“Lead the way” is a Ranger phrase, and it doesn’t involve leading lazy people to water. You seem kind a thirsty, but are not being led. I’ll let you figure out the rest.

Reactions: GBMaryland
    By buddy and I both tried to get the SMK's to work in our TAC A1. No joy. Don't know why, but the ELDM worked extremely well.

By buddy and I both tried to get the SMK's to work in our TAC A1. No joy. Don't know why, but the ELDM worked extremely well.

I found out the hard way that no luck either with 142 smks, trying several loads I couldn’t produce anything better than factory ammo results, not bad but not great as I want clover leaf results. So... after several loads and some experimentation I found the 123 grain Scenars work really nicely with both 38 and 39 grains of varget. The 39 grain load producing one group that was 0.16 out of three shots. I will cook up more of these loads now that my Lapua brass has arrived and see what kind of SD I am getting at long range and not just the 100y line. Shame as I have 500 smks laying around from my 260. I’m sure there probably is a way to make the 142s work but it will take more work, in the meantime if I can keep the 123s going at 2800 FPS then they will be sub sonic out to 1200, plenty of distance. At some point I will try some Flatline projectiles and report back.

How far off the lands were you seating the SMKS? Scenars?

N-160 .............. 43grs
    Lapua .............. fusil pequeño
    CCI mag 450
    IMG_20191211_184424.jpg

Scenar 139 grs
    Col ..... 72.5 mm
    805 m / s

Lapua .............. fusil pequeño
    CCI mag 450
    Scenar 139 grs
    Col ..... 72.5 mm
    805 m / s
    Mucho mejor
    Si no recuerdo mal, hay 10 disparos.

I found out the hard way that no luck either with 142 smks, trying several loads I couldn’t produce anything better than factory ammo results, not bad but not great as I want clover leaf results. So... after several loads and some experimentation I found the 123 grain Scenars work really nicely with both 38 and 39 grains of varget. The 39 grain load producing one group that was 0.16 out of three shots. I will cook up more of these loads now that my Lapua brass has arrived and see what kind of SD I am getting at long range and not just the 100y line. Shame as I have 500 smks laying around from my 260. I’m sure there probably is a way to make the 142s work but it will take more work, in the meantime if I can keep the 123s going at 2800 FPS then they will be sub sonic out to 1200, plenty of distance. At some point I will try some Flatline projectiles and report back.
    Wanna sell your 142s?

• Haha
    Reactions: clcustom1911
    Lapua .............. small rifle
    CCI mag 450
    Scenar 139 grs
    Col ..... 72.5 mm
    805 m / s

Better
    If I remember correctly, there are 10 shots.

I'm on my 2nd Tac A1 barrel and replaced with a PVA prefit, but for the factory tube my load data was 140gr ELD-M, 42.5gr H4350, CCI BR2, at 2.825 COAL using Hornady brass. This produced 2,742 fps which was validated over a 10-shot string on the magnetospeed. I found that I was jumping the bullets a mile, but for some reason they shot significantly better way off the lands. I would regularly in the .3 MOA with this load.

It's probably best to either put together your own ladder test or velocity node test though. Everyone's rifle responds differently.