• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reloading kits?

rooster2/16

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 4, 2012
Le Boot
Looking to start reloading. My brother has a single stage kit by Lee that he bought but never used. It's mine for free if i drive the 4 hours to get it. Is this a good starting point to build off of. I'll only be reloading .308 and 9mm. Thank you for any info.

Yeah. Should be everything you need except dies. The Lee scale is junk. Get a better scale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Vp H cmhb

Starting with anything is better than not starting. You spend the same money but get to shoot more. Or you shoot the same amount for a lot less money.

Thank y'all for the info. I'm meeting him half way tomorrow. It's unused. I heard the scale is junk. I'll get a digital when funds are available. Any recommendations on a decent one?.Picked ups Lyman reloading handbook at the used book store. I have allot to read!!!!

The scale isn't junk, it just take's awhile to settle down. I've been using mine for 25 + year's and it settle's down a lot quicker.
It's far more accurate than any digital scale.

Free is free man! I inherited some reloading stuff (some was purchased in the 60s!) from my grandfather. It works just as good as brand new stuff. Dillon makes great stuff as far as scales go. I have the cheapest RCBS scale and it works great for me.

Made it back with the kit. It's brand new unopened. He bought it thinking he would get into reloading but realized he is L.E. and it sat for the last 8 months. Cool hanging out with him too. Also got some free ammo!!!!!! My taxes at work :) Gotta save up for powder ect……..

Can't beat free. This way you can get into reloading cheap, and as you gain experience you can add the pieces/upgrades in a knowledgeable fashion.

The Lee single stage is great. I've loaded over 1k rounds of 308 and 223 precision rifle loads in mine and still going strong. I also picked up a pro1000 progressive for 9mm and it spits pistol rounds out quickly. Reloading is a lot of fun, just take your time.

Lots of good setup videos online and resources here on the forums. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, when it comes time to trim your cases, buy the Lee case trimmer. You can get cartridge specific trimmers for $9 instead of shelling out $100 for a full kit from another manufacturer. And if you want speed, you can hook the Lee trimmer into your drill.

Sent from extended ranges using Tapatalk