• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Reloadr scale out of the box Comparison

MarkCO

Minuteman
Dec 21, 2010
Colorado
www.carbonarms.us
Won this scale at a match and finally decided to try it out yesterday. I had heard a few good things about it, but had not used it. After I made the video, I played with it for about an hour and it is pretty slick.

How does it do with trickling?

When I trickled from 0.0 to 0.5, I was not pleased and it was off by 0.2. It did not pick up the first 10 kernels at all. But trickling from 20 to 21, 40 to 41 and 80 to 81, it was perfect. I went really slow and then faster by 0.2 increments or so and was pleased.

So if you were at 23.5 trickling up to 23.6 would go undetected? Thats the current problem I see with all these small scales. Its still undoubtedly an improvement on the rcbs, hornady or frankford pocket scales.

Though this marksman scale is .005 gram resolution (which equates to .077 grain) there is also another model called the sharpshooter that is .001 gram (.015 grain) resolution, I wonder if it would respond to trickling better... It is 60-70 bucks though compared to the 30-40 this one costs.

So I made the video on Wednesday. On Thursday and Friday, I checked and the Reloadr gave the exact same readings for the 4 check weights as it did on Wednesday. The PACT had the most change, within their claimed range, the RCBS a little less, but the Reloadr beat them both with no change.

Got the Sharpshooter in yesterday, Played with it for a bit doing some comparisons and trickling. It is doing well.
2018-12-12 11.10.49.jpg