• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rem 40x stock

Rlbol

Master Gunnery Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 5, 2010
FL
I have a remington 40x single shot. I need a stock for it. Something that can get beat up and I will not worry about it verses the nice walnut it is in. I was thinking about one of the tactical has or manners. I can t find anything listed for the rifle. Isn't it the same as a rem 700 sa? If so can I just use a rem 700 sa with hinged floor plate trigger guard?

I believe it is the same footprint as a 700. If it were me, since it is a single shot, I'd find an ADL stock and not worry about a floor plate

Is your rifle a 40X with a B at the end of the serial number? If so, it is a 700 short action and will fit any 700 stock. If not,
it is a 722 action and will need inleting

yea I knew ol johnny would chime in, what say ye rico, what you running on yours

AICS with a Bushnell Elite Tactical 5-15X - this is an older pic with the Parker Hale Bipod and 16X SS.
417416_333159400051001_1996487176_n.jpg

II live with shoots okay.

Haven't had money/time to really use it since about last March.

Still haven't got a scope yet for my Sako Quad either. :(

But I did get the McMillan re-I can hear nletted in the barrel channel so it should shoot now.

The stock the 40XB is a HTR stock by HS Precision.

Know what you mean there, i live 5 min from range, by road, i hear shots all the time from the house
but work an honey do's keep me away,
let us know on both how they do when you get time to shoot
YO