• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rem.700 ACC-SD 308

TJC0572

Private
Minuteman
Sep 21, 2014
Tennessee
I just bought a Remington 700 AAC w/ 20" Bbl.. I'm waiting on the rest of my stuff to come in this week so I can go ahead and get it set up. I'm going to mount a Leupold M4 3.5x10x40 30mm w/ M1 Turrets, Illm Mil. Dot Recital(I've used these in the past and liked them) , I went with a EGW One Piece Rail Mount and a set of their 30mm Rings. I'll likely shoot it 500yrds or less, is this a good set up for that type of shooting. Also I was wondering about ammo, such as bullet weight the rifle has 1-10 Tactical Rifling stamped on the Bbl. what would be a good weight and band of ammo to start with( I plan on reloading for myself just need to get the basic components since I already reload for my 45acp) I would appreciate any help you guy's could give me to get started (I'm not new to rifles I've owned a dozen or so over the years but just now getting back into it) also I'm thinking about installing a Timmney Trigger set up w/ a Straight Trigger rather than the std. curved ones, bad idea or not. Again thanks for any input on this set up.

Try any of 175gr match loads, Federal, Black Hills, SWA, Copper Creek
Any Timney would be an improvement. The straight trigger over the standard is just personal preference

A 1-10 twist .308 will stabilize just about anything 180 and under; even with most subsonic loads. If there is any question about stability, check out the stability calculator on JBM ballistics website. You will need the bullet length (available for most bullets on JBM's website), weight, diameter, and the velocity and you can find out if your twist rate will stabilize the bullet.

I have the same rifle. I replaced the stock with a McRee chasis and slapped a Vortex 2.5x10-32 and took it and 500 rounds of federal gold match 168's down to Rifles Only in Texas. When I did my part I was able to hit steel out to 700 and 800. I really had to concentrate on the fundamentals and try to read the wind to do it. The 168's were not optimal in those conditions. Besides the gold match my rifle really lies the Hornady 168 and 155 grain Amax's. I'm limited to 500 yards locally and they all work well.

I have the sps tactical 1:12 bedded in a mcmillan with a vortex 6-24 and timney trigger. Shooting 175gr SMKs in Lapua brass over 43.2gr IMR4064 and fed210m primers at 2600fps The gun shoots very well. I just shot at K&M this weekend and took it out to 940 with no problems. It's a good rifle to build off of for sure. Have fun!

Running the same rifle and went with a Timney flat trigger and really like the ability to manipulate my finger height (minimal movement) based on body position and grip method. My scope is a 4-16x50 and that seems to work fine out to 1000 yards but a little higher magnification would be desired so I can settle in a 16-18x. Bedding the action and DBM on an HS stock is working great without taking the next step and getting a high end build. Attended a Rifles Only class in January and shot the Copper Creek 175's. Happy with the results. I'm now shooting SWA's 175 SMK and went to a 3 day class last week and the 175's were spot on with the refined DOPE developed during class.

This is a keeper so I guess I just keep adding....

Thanks for the info. guy's. I've ordered a new Bell & Carlson Stock for it this morning along w/ a few other parts, I'll post some pics. of the before and after the swap I was going to go ahead and order a DBM for it but I'm unsure of what brand is a good one to get any suggestions. I think I'm going to start getting some Fed. 175grn. Match Ammo and go from there until I can start reloading for it. Thanks again and once my parts get here I'll post some pics.

Well I got the Remington trigger group swapped out and installed a Timmney Straight Trigger w/ #2 pound setting, feels nice and smooth wasn't really that hard to do. Also changed out the bottom metal with a thicker steel one, much better but I may install a DBM latter on not sure what one to get. As far as the stock I just went w/ a Bell & Carlson M40 style and it fit really well, and finely I installed the scope, rings and base. I went w/ EGW One Piece Steel Base w/ 20moa and a set of their Tactical Steel 30mm Rings and for my optics I topped it off w/ a Leupold Mark 4 LR/T w/ Illum. Mil Dot. I've got some other acc. coming in, sling, 400rnds. of Fed 175 Match Ammo ect.... I'll post some pics later on to day and let you guy's tell me what you think. Thanks.

Here are some pics. let me know what you'all think about it.

Attachments

• Rem2.JPG
    Rem2.JPG
    148.1 KB · Views: 16
  • Rem1.JPG
    Rem1.JPG
    150.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Rem3.JPG
    Rem3.JPG
    132.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Rem4.JPG
    Rem4.JPG
    157.6 KB · Views: 16
  • Rem5.JPG
    Rem5.JPG
    146.9 KB · Views: 12
looks good! Seems like you might need a cheek rest to bring your eye up in line with the scope. I got a stock pack for my old stock off of ebay for like $17 but I believe there are some better ones out there.