• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing Rem 700 Bolt knob

eterp997

Private
Minuteman
Apr 5, 2012
I'm looking at getting an oversized bolt knob on my remington 700 , can anyone tell me where I can send my bolt in to get it done? I would do it at work but all our mills and lathes are computerized and I don't know how to program it to do so. And if so, can I get a rough estimate for a price? Thanks

Re: Rem 700 Bolt knob

well i did mine myself to save money and it actually worked really well. ive done about 8 now and have all turned out really well

look up monteboy84 here on the hide. his installs are top notch. wont be disappointed.

-Paulus

I used phoneix custom rifles for my bolt knob, and I really like the results. I'll happily reccomend them as well. The turnaround time was fast too.

Do yourself a favor if you can and try a few rifles with big knobs before to do it. I have them on all my rifles and if I were to do it again, I probably would stick with stock knobs.

That's interresting. I've never heard negative feedback on the big knobs. Can you explain why you don't like them? I was just about to do that to mine.

They get in the way of my trigger finger. Big hands+big knobs= big interference.

Never considered the interference factor... I will have to go and check on that now. Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jd138</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Karl Kampfeld did mine and several others here. I had him flute the bolt while as well.

His site - http://www.kampfeldcustom.com/</div></div>

+1. I did this too. He offers slightly slimmer "hunter" style knobs if you are worried about interference. I have a R700 5R and the oversize bolt knob works great and has been a nice feature for faster bolt cycling. No interference from the scope on my rifle.

Phoenix Custom Rifles did mine. They are here on the Hide. Superb quality and quick turnaround. Much better than the small pimple of a knob from the factory.

Looks like there are some good choices here...thanks for listing. I've been itching to get this done.

Hooper did mine, 80 bucks and he quoted me one week turnaround and it came back in one week.He is a member on this forum.

IMG_6110.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: midkansasguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">well i did mine myself to save money and it actually worked really well. ive done about 8 now and have all turned out really well </div></div>

1+

Did a couple myself as well and they came out great. It was easier then I expected.

Hello

I make oversize bolt handles for install on rifles. CNC machined, Mil spec anodized Hard Type 111 standard screw threads for only $23.00 for guys here plus $3 shipping.

Look at ebay, steveflyer8w45 to see the knobs, got lots in stock and ship in a day or so.

100% satisfied customers.

Thannks

Steve