• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rem 700 bottom metal

Re: Rem 700 bottom metal

The ADL stock could probably be cut out and BDL or Badger Bottom Metal installed. If you will be changing to a heavy varrel at some point you might just want to switch ot a Mc MIllan stock.

I'm not some much worried about the stock because like you said, you can buy one to fit. I just wondered if i could change out my sps varmint metal for a dbm or hinged. It has the internal mag. Do they make mags for .204?

a 700 SA barreled action is a 700 SA barreled action. the only thing that matters between adl/bdl is the stock and BM. The stock must be inletted for whatever style of BM you decide to go w/. easy solution is a chassis stock like the McRee's Precision. You can get it any way you want it and not have to buy expensive BM to go w/ the new expensive stock.
otherwise go on ebay and find the parts you need to do what you want to do. If you go the custom stock route, like H&S/B&C/MCM, you will need to not only order the separate BM, but also the correct stock. (ie: inletted for dbm, etc.)
Since you have a SPS stock, just dont worry about making it work, throw it away and get something decent.

adam bauer at Bauer Arms has always treated me great. I get all my stuff from him. Heck of a nice guy too.

You can find him in the Commercial Sales thread.

Not all S/A's are the same 100%....if it has factory DM then if can not run a blind or hinged floorplate with out putting feed lips back onto the action.

If you want to run a mag system on a internal mag action I belive most if not all aftermarket detatchable mag systems require the feed lips to be removed.

I have seen it before where a BDL can not be run as an ADL because the action lacks the 3rd superficial screw mounting hole.

Might not pertain to you in this instance but it is more knowladge that you can have free of charge....if I am wrong I am sure someone will flame me and set the story straight!!