• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rem 700 extended floorplate?

Re: Rem 700 extended floorplate?

Good enough for me. Ordered, and I'll see how well it works on my rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mstad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good enough for me. Ordered, and I'll see how well it works on my rifle. </div></div>

let us know how it works. i'm interested.

Thanks!

I have one, it required minor filing to allow the latch to fit properly. I would reccomend it.

Mike Fletcher

“Coming soon to a gun shop near you”: Thirty Round, Calif Approved, plastic, fixed mag extension.

Hay, these are bolt guns, not assault weapons!

i have one on a sendero in 300 wm and it works great. never had an issue. it will work until i can get a dbm setup.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gutowsky</div><div class="ubbcode-body">“Coming soon to a gun shop near you”: Thirty Round, Calif Approved, plastic, fixed mag extension.

Hay, these are bolt guns, not assault weapons!</div></div>
Nothing wrong with wanting to add a couple more rounds without having to go detachable mag.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mstad</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gutowsky</div><div class="ubbcode-body">“Coming soon to a gun shop near you”: Thirty Round, Calif Approved, plastic, fixed mag extension.

Hay, these are bolt guns, not assault weapons!</div></div>
Nothing wrong with wanting to add a couple more rounds without having to go detachable mag. </div></div>

Some Remington 700's don't take 5 rounds in the magazine and feed smoothly, some don't feed smootly with 4 rounds in the magazine. Adding the extended floorplate allows 2 or 3 extra rounds in the magazine and seems to feed more smoothly with some rifles.

Personally I don't see a need for more than 7 to 10 rounds in a bolt gun magazine. 10 + round magazines tend to shift the balance of the rifle.

Ok, got this yesterday and installed it today. Just as it says, I'm now able to load 7+1 rounds of .308 in my rifle with no modifications other than installing this floorplate as per the instructions. Last couple rounds were a little tough to load, but that's mostly because I'm new to bolt rifles and top loading with a scope over the loading area. Went to chamber the first round and the bolt wasn't catching it. Tried again thinking maybe as the bolt passed over it maybe it adjusted the angle and would catch it now but it didn't, so I just open the bolt and pushed the round downward with two fingers and then tried again with success. After that, all 6 remaining rounds chambered with no problems.

I would recommend this product to anybody interested. For $20, what do you have to lose?

I have a couple of these and will pretty much agree with everything that has already been said. Work good and much more affordable for us mall ninja's. Win, win.......