• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rem 700 Origianl Trigger or new x-mark trigger from a new take off

LoanHarvey

I am Harvdog!
Banned !
Minuteman
Apr 24, 2014
Walla Walla, WA
www.loanharvey.com
Greetings, have a question for the group please. A friend of mine does not shoot much and cannot personally see the benefit of putting a lot of money in his gun. He currently has a Rem 700 ADL 7RM, with the original trigger, stock etc. Does anyone see any benefit of swapping the original trigger out for a new x-mark Rem trigger? As I have gathered, most people immediately replace the x-mark with one of the nicer triggers, but my question is would this be an upgrade for him? He primarily uses this gun for deer hunting and max range would be about 400 yards for him. He knows nothing really about guns, so not sure if he would notice a difference or be worth his while if we can get the trigger swapped out for about $35. Thank you for your thoughts.

i think the old triggers are just as good or better than the x mark. the x mark pro has been recalled. i would have a gun smith adjust the old trigger to 3lbs.

i think remington recommends not adjusting them below 3 lbs. it would be better to put a timney 510 and adjust to 2lbs for that light of pull weight. i have replaced most of mine with timney 510s set at 3lbs. one is at 2.5 but i can't tell the difference.

i think remington recommends not adjusting them below 3 lbs. it would be better to put a timney 510 and adjust to 2lbs for that light of pull weight. i have replaced most of mine with timney 510s set at 3lbs. one is at 2.5 but i can't tell the difference.

I just ordered a Huber for my .243, and am looking forward to that. I know he would not think of putting that much money in a trigger. My shooting buddy likes the Timney real well, I guess I will look into that as a cheaper option than the Huber. Thanks again!

I have "old style" Remington triggers on several custom rifles, tuned/installed by GA Precision (3), Beanland (2), and KMW (2), and they work very well.

Expect an X-mark was taken off for a reason and IMO there is no way it should be considered an upgrade to install it in place of an older Rem trigger.

I prefer the "old style" Remington Triggers over the recalled X-Mark trigger.

There is nothing wrong with the original Remington trigger. They can be safely adjusted to 2 lbs by someone that knows what they are doing.

There is nothing wrong with the original Remington trigger. They can be safely adjusted to 2 lbs by someone that knows what they are doing.[/QU

I am a fan of the old triggers as well and after I tune them up they feel amazing

Greetings, have a question for the group please. A friend of mine does not shoot much and cannot personally see the benefit of putting a lot of money in his gun. He currently has a Rem 700 ADL 7RM, with the original trigger, stock etc. Does anyone see any benefit of swapping the original trigger out for a new x-mark Rem trigger? As I have gathered, most people immediately replace the x-mark with one of the nicer triggers, but my question is would this be an upgrade for him? He primarily uses this gun for deer hunting and max range would be about 400 yards for him. He knows nothing really about guns, so not sure if he would notice a difference or be worth his while if we can get the trigger swapped out for about $35. Thank you for your thoughts.

This is your friend's hunting rifle and he sees no benefit from putting a lot of money into it, therefore, it seems he is perfectly content with they way it is. If i buy a hunting rifle and it "works" then the only addition it will see is a "hunting" scope. No turrets, no fancy doodads, just a plain hunting rifle. Unless it were for a specific use such as long range predator hunting, or elk or such. But then again, it would still be as basic as possible.

i think [remington's lawyers] recommends not adjusting them below 3 lbs. it would be better to put a timney 510 and adjust to 2lbs for that light of pull weight. i have replaced most of mine with timney 510s set at 3lbs. one is at 2.5 but i can't tell the difference.

Fixed it for you... ;)
Remington triggers are easily and reliably adjustable to well below 3# if an individual knows what they're looking at. That is not meant in a derogatory sense. Simply stated, the trigger is adjustable within a very wide usable range.

I prefer the flat safety and lock-on-safe type Remington triggers. They're very well built, rugged and amazingly easy to adjust.

JME, JMO, and YMMV...

If he's been using his current trigger for a while, and has no complaints of it, I don't know why YOU would want to swap it.