• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rem 700 police with AICS or AX chassis

fellas

Private
Minuteman
Dec 17, 2011
newbie here

Hi guys

I am looking to upgrade the Rem 700 police with a chassis systems and the both Accuracy International AICS an AX chassis are available for the Remy . What you think is it worth the money here in Europe the AICS chassis cost about 800 euros and a Remington police i have got it for 1200 euros, and to build a custom rifle you need at least 3000 euro without optics. how much will Remington benefit from the AICS chassis , I not into high end competitions but i like to have a little more solid base and accuracy as every shooter do

thanks

Re: Rem 700 police with AICS or AX chassis

Anything is better than the hs precision stock they come with

Hi I have a Rem 700 SPS Tatical in .308 with the AI 2.0 love it. But its not for everyone. Try one out before you bye. Very sold platform. But on the heavy side.

I have a 700 Police with the 20" LTR barrel and it now set in a AICS 1.5. It was in the HS Precision stock with the Remy version of the DBM when I acquired it. The AICS is not for everyone some like some dont. Victor Company USA has designed a set of after market skins that replace the thumbhole design, but leaves the aluminum chassis in place. I would see if you can get your hands on one and see if you like it or not. If you want to look at the skins go here www.victorcompanyusa.com The gentleman who desgins these is also a Snipershide Vendor and a nice guy to deal with.

The AI chasis is certainly one of the best upgrades I have made to my Remington 700 SPS Tactical. As mentioned, it usually causes people to either love or hate the rifle because of the different reactions to the thumbhole configuration. Best to get time with one before making the decision, but the option of using a Viperskin makes it an easier decision. I also wanted a detachable magazine system that I could trust, so that is another consideration.

I am debating the same upgrade to my 700. Would love to be able to actually touch one before spending the money. What would be the better chassis AI or AX if money were not a concern?

Hi,
Greetings from overseas Belgium (Europe). I have some Remington 700's which I have build into the AICS chassis and love it. It is robust and very stable. But indeed weight can be a problem. I
Regards Chris

not to highjack but any idea on when the AX chassis will come out for the 700 or price?? wondering if its worth the wait or just get another aics

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DJ480</div><div class="ubbcode-body">not to highjack but any idea on when the AX chassis will come out for the 700 or price?? wondering if its worth the wait or just get another aics </div></div>

They are out now, have been a month or so. They might be hard to find in stock because its the new cool thing. Try Mile High Shooting or Euro Optic. $1350 or so

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lencomatt</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DJ480</div><div class="ubbcode-body">not to highjack but any idea on when the AX chassis will come out for the 700 or price?? wondering if its worth the wait or just get another aics </div></div>

They are out now, have been a month or so. They might be hard to find in stock because its the new cool thing. Try Mile High Shooting or Euro Optic. $1350 or so </div></div>
Why thank you sir!

I just had this done to my 700p. I haven't been able to shoot it yet but it looks and feels amazing.

The only downside is the rifle gains a few pounds. But for a stock with better ergos, and detatchable mags, I think it's worth it

I've bought AICS stocks for R700 .223, .308, .300WM and .338 and can safely say they do make a huge difference to the handling, performance and ergonomics and I'm a big fan.

However seeing as I had a spare DBM for the .300WM I fully bedded the original HS Precision stock and added the DBM along with a Karsten cheek rest, the rifle shoots as good as ever - don't discount those HS Precision's, they can be made to be just as accurate and stable.

I have a Remington 700 and have had the Hogue stock (rubbish), the HS Precison stock (slippery surface with an uncomfortable and awkward palm weld), AICS 1.5 (heavy, square fore end with high COG harris bipod mount), McMillan A5 (excellent but not very comfortable with my jacked up wrists) and now the AICS AX - so far I think it's my favourite. Very comfortable to shoot, and very accurate out of the box bolted in.

Lots of options, the AICS 1.5 and AICS AX are both good stocks... Go and see if you prefer the thumb hole grip as opposed to the pistol grip. Then weigh up your need for bolt on options.

i have felt both the aics and ax chassis. the ax is an improvement to the ergonomics. also you may consider a mcree precision for a lighter weight alternative.

Finger fuck the Aics or AX stock before you buy one they look great/cool but the ergos arent for everyone

Also, keep in mind that you're probably going to need higher rings with the AX. I absolutely love it, but I did end up buying a 0 MOA base and high rings to keep the bell off the shroud that goes around the barrel on the AX.

Really considering the AX chassis for my Remington 5R, anyone have pics of a 700 on an AX chassis? Want to see how high I have to go with my rings for my scope to clear