• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rem 700 sps tac conversion to detachable mag

Alpha211

Private
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2012
Alabama
wanting to swap to detachable mag and im a newbie on that part how difficult if i keep the hogue stock for now and what brand bottom metal is recommened thanks in adavance

Re: Rem 700 sps tac conversion to detachable mag

If you're keeping the hogue stock then you'll be limited to assemblies that have the same footprint as the Remington BDL. This means HS Precision and Wyatt's Outdoors are your only options and both have their downsides. The HS Precision is expensive but a quality piece that uses proprietary mags that are expensive and sometimes hard to get. The Wyatts DBM is less expensive but also uses its own mag design in 5 and 10 rounders. Additionally because the mags essentially have to be single stack, single feed in order to fit a 10 rounder is huge.

My advice would be to run the standard BDL and upgrade stocks to something like a B&C or a take off HS Precision that crops up in the F/S section. This will set you back about $250 but it's a worthy upgrade, far more than getting a DBM that will work now. Then down the road pic up a DBM system that uses AICS magazines and have the stock inletted for it, generally about a $100 job at most places.

This comes up rather often. Just figure a B&C or HS take off is $200 on a good day, inlet and DBM $250-300 plus . So $500+ to have dbm in a some what decent stock. For a few more hundred you can get into an XLR chassis.

There are some aftermarket stocks that are pre inlet of come with badger DMB, but still around the same price. You can check stocky's.

I got this for my B&C medalist a5 stock:
http://www.stockysstocks.com/servlet/the-473/Wyatt's-Outdoor-Detachable-Magazine/Detail
Havn't gotten it yet so I'm not sure how the single stacked mags are nor have I had any other to compare it to. No inletting, it fits in standard BDL stocks

Looks easy to go that route would like some input after u have ran it a while

I havent shot with it yet but from what i hear it has feeding issues and isnt always a "drop in." I might think abput getting a badger but dont really have money to poor in. How much does it cost to have it inletted?