• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rem 700 trigger problems

adam1122

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2010
Tx
Did anyone else catch the one hour news report on the Remington 700 models trigger and action problems? They have at least 30 people who have experienced their gun going off when they put the safety on, or even touch the gun with a round in chamber and the safety is off......and the gun goes off.

I'm sure the videos are all over YouTube and you can see what happens when you put a round in chamber and leave the safety on or off.......when you touch it the gun can discharge. Pretty piss poor response from Remington being that the 700 is probably one of the most sold rifles made since 1980.

I'm waiting for the lawsuits to start showing up. Something like this could wipe Remington off the earth due to all the civil litigation and wrongful death suits. No way I'll be buying a remy again anytime soon.

This is sure to stir up the hide, but before you come back and say Remington is the best just go search YouTube for a minute on remy 700 misfires......theirs a video of a police dept. document and making a vid of the thing. Unreal!

Re: Rem 700 trigger problems

Did I timewarp back to 1980??

There are millions of Remington 700 triggers in use by citizens,police,and the military all over the world. 30 people report a failure of the trigger and you assume it's the triggers fault?

Give me a million pet rocks in circulation and more than 30 idiots will manage to swallow them and die.

Man!... If you have any of these defective rifles, please feel free to send them to me and I'll be happy to dispose of them for you.

Hey, just reporting what CNN had a 30 min segment on.

Actually, it's cool that you thought enough to let everyone know something you just found out. It is appreciated and I'm sure that there are others who didn't know... But they will probably stay quiet now. You might consider doing a search on a topic like that first, though. It's pretty huge.

Thanks!

The only time youll have a problem with the old style Remington trigger if you try to adjust the trigger and you dont know what youre doing, its perfectly safe otherwise, sure it comes from the factory usually at 5lbs, give or take, but its a safe trigger, the new X mark pro trigger just plain sucks, you cant adjust it so Ill take it off and put a Jewell or Timney on to replace it, the old style was very easy to adjust, never had any problems with that unit.

If you practice good muzzle discipline you cant get hurt no matter how defective the gun is..............jus sayin.....