• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing REM 700 trigger

cro789

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 20, 2008
    TN
    What would you recommend for a trigger? I am looking to replace a X-Mark trigger that I got on trade and it is one that needs to go back for the recall but I don't think Remington will let me.

I just replaced my wife's X-Mark with the Timney Calvin Elite and have nothing but good things to say about it. Purchased it from OTM (On The Mark).

My remmy trigger(old style)started varying all over the place and nut'n I did would correct it.
    Just rec'd and installed my Timney/Calvin Elite, and OH-BOY is it sweet.
    Did dial it up to just under 2lb pull weight, and it is very consistent.
    LG

Timney is my personal choice. Works fantastic and won't break the bank. Plus it's easy to adjust. What more could you ask for.

I have a rifle basics on mine. It is better than the x mark but i would probably get something else next time around.

I like the Jewell triggers. Usually in discussions about triggers most of the others are said to be "just as good as a Jewell"; I just cut out the middle man.

I run a Shilen competition trigger on my rig and I love it. Honestly, I would go with the heavier "hunting" trigger if I had it to do over again as the comp trigger is just too light for most uses (read: dangerous). That said, I freakin love the crisp and predictable break of this trigger and it's well made and simple design.

Timney, Shilen, Jewell are all very good triggers. Figure out what the rifles primary purpose will be and how much you want to spend then make your decision. Either what you will be coming out light-years ahead!

I am going to use the rifle for training for short range sniping and also for long competition. Oh and to have fun with.

What would you recommend for a trigger? I am looking to replace a X-Mark trigger that I got on trade and it is one that needs to go back for the recall but I don't think Remington will let me.

I've owned and/or used them all and nothing is smoother than a 2-stage Huber. More money than some of the above options but better than any other 2-stage trigger on a Remington 700. For a single stage trigger Jewel would be my choice but once you learn to shoot a 2-stage trigger it is very hard to use anything else.

I've owned and/or used them all and nothing is smoother than a 2-stage Huber. More money than some of the above options but better than any other 2-stage trigger on a Remington 700. For a single stage trigger Jewel would be my choice but once you learn to shoot a 2-stage trigger it is very hard to use anything else.

The Huber 2 stage trigger I mentioned in this post was mailed yesterday. I called in to see if it was in the que yet, and guess who answered the phone. John Huber himself. It was pretty cool talking to him. It is coming out with 2.438 lb set up. There is a 10% discount and a nice TShirt if you use the coupon code from the TiborasaurusRex Huber trigger review.
    Really looking forward to the new barrel and the Huber trigger on the .243! Pretty excited, should have that back in about 2 weeks, so I will let you all know how that feels.