• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Rem 700 vs Rem Model 7

krw

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2004
Arkansas
What is the physical difference between Rem 700 and the Rem Model 7 action? Is it length only? If so how much shorter?
Thanks krw

Re: Rem 700 vs Rem Model 7

The seven is 1/2 in shorter In length. This is material removed directly behind the bolt.
The rear bolt hole is smaller in size and the bolt release is different.

Re: Rem 700 vs Rem Model 7

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: krw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is the physical difference between Rem 700 and the Rem Model 7 action? Is it length only? If so how much shorter?
Thanks krw </div></div>

Aside from physical differences, the 7 is a great bush gun. I used to have a Mohawk and loved it. Next year I'll get a 7 to replace my Mohawk. Great bush guns. Normally I don't like shortened rifles, but the 7 improved the trigger on the Mohawk, although I do miss the iron sights. I'll find a used one and rebuild it.

This is my favorite over the old Ruger International in .243 that I used to use for Coyotes in the high desert. The accuracy with that stock (mannlicher) surprised me, although they never sorted out accuracy with the .308 version.