• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing Rem 700 X Mark Pro trigger adjust. question

p5200

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 23, 2008
poplar bluff mo.
Has anyone been able to loosen up the over travel and sear adjust screws which seem to be glued. I can get the allen wrench in the holes but, seems to have a very tight glue on the threads. The internal weight of pull screw was not glued which was the only way I could bring my trigger anywhere close, to Remington's 3.5lb from the factory claims. I thought maybe heat could be applied to the glued screws but, wasn't sure if there were any plastic parts inside or not. Thanks!
smile.gif

Re: Rem 700 X Mark Pro trigger adjust. question

I thought remington manual states dont mess around with the sear engagement screw. may void the warranty and all that jazz. maybe to prevent that they put some kind of adhesive on it.

I concur with the application of heat. The <span style="font-weight: bold">careful</span> application of heat from a propane torch will free things up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dave Tooley</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I concur with the application of heat. The <span style="font-weight: bold">careful</span> application of heat from a propane torch will free things up. </div></div> That's what I was thinking would it be necessary to remove the trigger housing from the barreled action first? Thanks for the info!
smile.gif

Can you just dig it out with a micro screwdriver or something that will fit inside the hole or slot.

I just played with the adjustment for the 1st time, it felt like there was a reduction in the pull weight but I don't have any way of confirming the value. How far are trying to reduce the weight?

I'd like to get it between 1 and 2lbs. for now for bench use only then, turn it back up to at least 2lb. for deer season. Thanks!
smile.gif

Check out the Jard X-Mark Pro upgrade kit - http://jardinc.com/index.php?option...e&id=47:700-trigger-xpro&catid=1:700&Itemid=4

I installed the 20 oz. model in my Rem 700 .308 and I love it.

You need to make sure the gun is unloaded, then remove the trigger from the gun, take it all the way apart, soak it in acetone to remove the glue, then heat it up the top front & bottom back screws with a propane torch for about 10 seconds each to loosen them up so that you can re-adjust everything & install the new hardware from Jard.

It feels very similar to the Jewell trigger in my .338 (there is a tiny bit more creep with the Jard compared to the Jewell) but it only costs about $80 for the Jard kit compared to paying $225 for a Jewell.

The entire install took me about 30-45 min.

The trigger pull is now 1.5 pounds & breaks like glass without any slam-firing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: p5200</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd like to get it between 1 and 2lbs. for now for bench use only then, turn it back up to at least 2lb. for deer season. Thanks!
smile.gif
</div></div>

Even with adjusting the screws, you won't get an X-Mark pro to be reliable and safe in the 1-2 pound range.
The parts are just not made that well so they don't hold their adjustments very long after you fool with them.