• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing rem bolt stop....the side jobby

hero's machine

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 2, 2011
E. WA
where is the hot spot to get a side bolt stop/release for the 700's and do they come with measurements?

thanks.

Re: rem bolt stop....the side jobby

pacific tool and gauge, but it doesn't include any instructions (back when I ordered some you even had to get your own pins and springs, but that may have changed since I think they're now on the website as a regularly available item.)

I thought there was someone here that did a run of some that were all included.

I believe Defensive Edge in northern Idaho sells a nice unit with installation instructions.
cool.gif

Regards, Paul.

Thanks. I feel dumb since shawn is just up the road from me...doh.

We get ours from Defiance Machine here in MT, but they dont come with instructions

To some extent I think it's up to you. How far back do you want the bolt to go? I put one in that was "moved back" to use the alpha magazines without chopping on the front of the receiver. As for up and down, how far above the stock line do you want it? They usually look better if you rotate the receiver rather than just shifting the cutout up/down. Also, if you make the pivot hole blind from the bottom then it won't show.