• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing rem x-mark pro trigger

sniper0910

Private
Minuteman
Oct 3, 2010
bells Tn
can u go to low on adjustin it or will it stop on its own.and how good of a trigger is it.im no 1/2 moa shooter at 200 yds but i like the best stuff i can afford thx if its not so good whats the next one up or does anyone have a half a// one for sale thx again.

Re: rem x-mark pro trigger

You can take the screw all the way out but I don't know what it will do without it in. I backed mine as far out as possible to keep about one thread catching and clear finger polished it in so it doesn't back all the way out. You can't get them real low bout 2# is all so if your wanting less you'll have to go after market. Thet break nice and crisp and I've been pleased other than that dang screw sticking out.

no not sure how to adjust the shear.is it important to do so. i dont want to have a weapon that isnt safe.thx

I have posted this before in other threads about the trigger. Go visit erniethegunsmith.com. Buy the spring for the x-mark pro, and install. The adjustment screw in the shoe has to stay installed,as the spring is captured, but can cant and cause inconsistant trigger pull weight. Make sure that when you remove the front screw in the trigger housing, you use nail polish or something to secure the screw or it will back out. I have adjusted my trigger to a verified and consistant trigger pull of 2.5# with esentially no overtravel and it breaks very crisp. The best $6.00 I have ever spent on a trigger job. Remember that if you adjust the rear screw, please make sure you know what you are doing as it can cause an unsafe condition.

Good luck.

I ordered the new spring last week, and will let you know how it goes. Sounds like an easy upgrade if all goes well!

I backed my all the way out, then bought a jewell.

I am ordering a few springs as well. Be nice to do something with this bag full of x-mark tiggers i refuse to use

Included in case it might help someone. Possibly do a search before create a new thread in the future. Other recent posts on SH about the X-Mark Pro trigger already in progress include:

A person who took his apart then could not get back together at:

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2476553

And someone else trying to do exactly what you are doing started a thread, others had input could get it down to around 3 pounds with the original spring. Here is where, layinclose originally posted the message suggesting to buy a $6 spring to get the trigger break at as low as you want to go at:

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2478404

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tn rat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...and how good of a trigger is it.</div></div>

Breaks like <span style="text-decoration: line-through">glass</span> pot metal.

img2844uf3.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dbsinh20</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Breaks like <span style="text-decoration: line-through">glass</span> pot metal.</div></div>
Nice picture. Definitely cast. Do you do that often? Not a smith, is the first trigger have seen broken.

When replace an X-Mark is it best to go to a Timney, Jewell, or something else? See that to put on a Remington 700 a Timney is about $125 and a Jewell is about $200. Many guys I shoot with swear by Timney - is a Jewell worth nearly double?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oregon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice picture. Definitely cast. Do you do that often? Not a smith, is the first trigger have seen broken.</div></div>

Not my picture, but have seen several complaints regarding this happening. First mod I made to my 5R was a Timney. I like parts that stay attached.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oregon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

When replace an X-Mark is it best to go to a Timney, Jewell, or something else? See that to put on a Remington 700 a Timney is about $125 and a Jewell is about $200. Many guys I shoot with swear by Timney - is a Jewell worth nearly double?
</div></div>

I ended up putting a Timney with safety (#510) in my AAC-SD and like it a lot better than the factory x mark pro. I like the wider shoe and it is more consistent at the 2lb setting than the x mark was. Just my $.02.