• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remdesivir for covid? Ya'll heard of it?

Lostin89

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 19, 2020
Blythewood, SC
Wifey came home today and said A LOT of the covid patients at her hospital are being treated with the anti-viral drug Remdesivir.

This is literally the first time I have heard of it and a little reading shows its a "newly" approved drug for covid-19 treatment.

Since we are all basically doctors (or at least what some of us say)........what say ye. Any better research out there?

*This is not medical advice, nor should it be interpreted as such. This is a discussion about some drugs I just heard about*

No idea. But dont go buying all the horse paste!

My wife, who is a doctor, is still under the impression from the hospital having all of the corona patients in our area there, which makes her think 99% of the population has it, that if I get it, I am going to die from it.

I have no idea how someone with 3 board certifications in 3 specialties can be that retarded, but here we are.

I got it twice a day for 4 days straight when I was in the hospital for covid and single lung pneumonia just week before last. Here is the days treatment. Notice all the little bottles on the IV bags.
BF8A0F3E-E225-46E0-99DB-23CFEE7CD48B.jpeg

Things I've heard about Remdesivir: it's expensive, ($3000 per treatment?) 50% effective against COVID-19 and a 50% chance of organ failure. Dr Zev Zelenko treated Trump and I know he didn't use Remdesivir. Mind you these are things I've heard second hand. Except for Dr Zelenko treating Trump.

No idea. But dont go buying all the horse paste!

My wife, who is a doctor, is still under the impression from the hospital having all of the corona patients in our area there, which makes her think 99% of the population has it, that if I get it, I am going to die from it.

I have no idea how someone with 3 board certifications in 3 specialties can be that retarded, but here we are.
I agree, she must be retarded, she married you.

Ouch,

;) :ROFLMAO::cool:

Gilead makes Remdesivir…not Regeneron.

It has had EUA for over a year.

I thought I read it had been FDA approved (easily could have been mistaken)...I realize that doesn't hold a lot of weight (at least in my humble opinion)...but IF it was, wouldn't that effect the EUA for the vaccines? I dunno, lots of strange things happening over the last year.

What did Joe Rogan take?

He was better literally as fast as Trump.
Joe Rogan Announces He Has COVID-19 And Feels Great After Ivermectin And Multi-Drug Treatment

•Monoclonal Antibodies
•Ivermectin
•Z-Pack (Azithromycin)
•Prednisone
•NAD Drip
•Vitamin Drip

This is similar to the multi-drug early treatment protocol that Dr. Peter McCullough, Dr. Zev Zelenko, and numerous other doctors have recommended.

COVID-19, no matter what the variant, is easily treatable at home with simple, available drugs, according to McCullough, who has stated that “about 88 percent of hospitalizations and deaths can be avoided” with early treatment.

@KanekoaTheGreat

Joe Rogan Announces He Has COVID-19 And Feels Great After Ivermectin And Multi-Drug Treatment

•Monoclonal Antibodies
•Ivermectin
•Z-Pack (Azithromycin)
•Prednisone
•NAD Drip
•Vitamin Drip

This is similar to the multi-drug early treatment protocol that Dr. Peter McCullough, Dr. Zev Zelenko, and numerous other doctors have recommended.

COVID-19, no matter what the variant, is easily treatable at home with simple, available drugs, according to McCullough, who has stated that “about 88 percent of hospitalizations and deaths can be avoided” with early treatment.

@KanekoaTheGreat
Approaches like this will not be highlighted by the MSM.

1. There's no money to be made from it.
2. There's no potential for control like there is from one of the big 3 jabs.
3. Follow the money, follow the power, find the truth.

I got it twice a day for 4 days straight when I was in the hospital for covid and single lung pneumonia just week before last. Here is the days treatment. Notice all the little bottles on the IV bags. View attachment 7697730
Just out of curiosity; did you take the vaccine?

Feel free to tell me to fuck off as that is your right as an American.

Wifey came home today and said A LOT of the covid patients at her hospital are being treated with the anti-viral drug Remdesivir.

This is literally the first time I have heard of it and a little reading shows its a "newly" approved drug for covid-19 treatment.

Since we are all basically doctors (or at least what some of us say)........what say ye. Any better research out there?

*This is not medical advice, nor should it be interpreted as such. This is a discussion about some drugs I just heard about*
I was given Remdesivir this time last year. I was in ICU for a week with double pneumonia and on high flow oxygen as a result of COVID. First time I had ever been in the hospital at age 55. Not sure if it helped but I was able to leave the hospital. I was also given convalescent plasma.

Remdesivir was approved for emergency use after Fauci lied about it being safe and effective for Ebola. Remedesivir is a drug that failed out of ebola trials, and was quickly jammed into COVID patents to make a profit. They fraudulently attacked ivermectin and HQ so they could sell their own drug. One of the side effects of the drug is kidney failure, which causes multiple organ failure. Remember when they were like "COVID is attacking the organs," "its like no respiratory virus we have ever seen." Some are claiming it was the remdesiver destroying the organs.

I did 4 days in the hospital with one treatment a day, and it took care if it, one week later I tested negative

Wife did one treatment of regeneron in hospital, same time as me , 4 weeks still positive, but symptoms are zero now and getting strength back.

Son did antibodies took 3 weeks to get negative test back , zero symptoms now.

Reactions: stefan73
Lack of oxygen in the blood could damage your organs, and so does remdesivir.

It certainly sounds better than, "We killed you with a drug that has never passed a trail, authorized for emergency use because we lied about safe effective drugs that have been used for years with little to no serious side effects."

If its the spike protein, what does the jab do.......

Reactions: Carlos Danger
Things I've heard about Remdesivir: it's expensive, ($3000 per treatment?) 50% effective against COVID-19 and a 50% chance of organ failure. Dr Zev Zelenko treated Trump and I know he didn't use Remdesivir. Mind you these are things I've heard second hand. Except for Dr Zelenko treating Trump.
There's a good interview with Dr Zelenko on the Stew Peters Show. You can find it on podbean.

I dont recall him saying anything about remdesivir.

My buddy Bob who is 53 got covid. He is a pretty healthy guy and I'm sure he thought this would be a week at home and then back to work. After about 10 days at home he woke up one night and was having trouble breathing. Wife rushes him to the ER and they put oxygen on him immediately and admit him. Remidisivir for 5 days IV drip and 6 litres of oxygen and maybe some steroids. This is in Scottsdale Arizona. He was touch and go for a while and probably close to being vented. After a 10 days in hospital he finally showed enough improvement to go home on oxygen. Xrays showed double covid Pnemounia and it was bad. Been home a week now and getting a little better everyday. Still on oxygen but down to 2 litres. Doc says may be on oxygen for a couple months. Who knows. Scary as hell for him. Wife and kids not allowed to come see him. I think he is gonna make it now. Who knows the long term effects to lungs and kidney's.

My buddy Bob who is 53 got covid. He is a pretty healthy guy and I'm sure he thought this would be a week at home and then back to work. After about 10 days at home he woke up one night and was having trouble breathing. Wife rushes him to the ER and they put oxygen on him immediately and admit him. Remidisivir for 5 days IV drip and 6 litres of oxygen and maybe some steroids. This is in Scottsdale Arizona. He was touch and go for a while and probably close to being vented. After a 10 days in hospital he finally showed enough improvement to go home on oxygen. Xrays showed double covid Pnemounia and it was bad. Been home a week now and getting a little better everyday. Still on oxygen but down to 2 litres. Doc says may be on oxygen for a couple months. Who knows. Scary as hell for him. Wife and kids not allowed to come see him. I think he is gonna make it now. Who knows the long term effects to lungs and kidney's.

Thats the issue at the end of the day right? Early treatment prevents settling into the chest and pneumonia..hell I had pneumonia when I was 16 with asthma and it knocked me down for the better part of 4 months.

Hopefully he progresses quickly when he comes off the oxygen, it won't be comfortable..but from what I and the wife have seen, its the people who refuse to be uncomfortable that don't make any progress....not easy building the lung capacity back (kinda the same premise of the people who have knee surgeries and blame the surgery for the lack of movement but never went to PT or worked to get muscle mass back).

As with all sicknesses, when you have a 99+% survival rate, someone has to fall into the other %. Glad your friend is home.

Not to mock anyone, but how can we be almost two years into this BS and people have not heard about Remdesivir? That's a huge rock to be living under, and I dont even own a TV.

Another treatment I dont see getting much attention that shows promise is fluvoxamine and EXO-CD24. It would seem to me that rushing the approval process and studies of treatments for people that already have covid would be just as important as developing an effective preventative.

Vicks VapoRub a finger full on the old anus and that shit will cure anything.

• Haha
Reactions: awonder
I am on it right now. Day 3 with lots of vitamins etc. something seems to be working but the doc thinks there could be other options but those aren’t available now.

Double pneumonia and I did not wait very long for treatment.
I have elder care responsibilities/ oversight for my 90yr old parents.
I tested negative, got vaccinated and still got it.

Update on my buddy Bob! Back in the hospital, was having trouble breathing again. They have him on breathing treatments and possibly antibiotics. Tested negative for Covid, but still fighting the Pneumonia! Prayers needed for Bobby!!!

You were fully vaccinated and still got COVID that progressed to pneumonia?
The short answer is “yes”.

I got the J&J vaccine so only one dose. I was evacuated from the Dixie fire, moved the other place and then got evacuated due to the Caldor fire. I had been in the smoke for about a month so I could tell my lungs were tight.
The docs perspective is that Covid was the driving force on the pneumonia and , if I am being honest, my lungs weren’t great at the start.
If there is good news here it’s that,assuming things keep improving, immunity from having Covid is supposed to be much higher than is achieved with a vaccine.
At least that is what Fauci and the cdc say. And they have been flawless from day one. :(

You were fully vaccinated and still got COVID that progressed to pneumonia?

It's becoming more clear by the day that the vaccine won't necessarily keep you out of the hospital. The CDC doesn't appear to be forthcoming with the data, but here's an example at a local level:

"Over the past three months in Anne Arundel County, about 30% of the people hospitalized with COVID-19 are fully vaccinated.

There's a similar timeframe and trend in neighboring Howard County, where health officials said roughly 30% to 40% of people hospitalized with COVID-19 are fully vaccinated."

So if you've got an area with a 60% vaccination rate and 30% of those hospitalized have been vaccinated, you're obviously looking at something like 50% efficacy at this moment in time - good, but a far cry from the >90% numbers that were being floating a few months ago.

The bad news is that the vaccine isn't stopping transmission, and it's not completely effective in preventing hospitalization (numbers from the UK and Israel suggest that we'll eventually see that the proportion of hospitalizations stabilizes to something close to the overall population vaccination rates). The good news is that antibody-dependent enhancement (ADE) hasn't yet reared its head and made infections objectively worse for the vaccinated population, although maybe we just need the emergence of a new variant, or the administration of a booster-for-the-booster-of-the-booster dose, or some other variable.

It's becoming more clear by the day that the vaccine won't necessarily keep you out of the hospital. The CDC doesn't appear to be forthcoming with the data, but here's an example at a local level:

"Over the past three months in Anne Arundel County, about 30% of the people hospitalized with COVID-19 are fully vaccinated.

There's a similar timeframe and trend in neighboring Howard County, where health officials said roughly 30% to 40% of people hospitalized with COVID-19 are fully vaccinated."

So if you've got an area with a 60% vaccination rate and 30% of those hospitalized have been vaccinated, you're obviously looking at something like 50% efficacy at this moment in time - good, but a far cry from the >90% numbers that were being floating a few months ago.

The bad news is that the vaccine isn't stopping transmission, and it's not completely effective in preventing hospitalization (numbers from the UK and Israel suggest that we'll eventually see that the proportion of hospitalizations stabilizes to something close to the overall population vaccination rates). The good news is that antibody-dependent enhancement (ADE) hasn't yet reared its head and made infections objectively worse for the vaccinated population, although maybe we just need the emergence of a new variant, or the administration of a booster-for-the-booster-of-the-booster dose, or some other variable.
Thanks for the info. More than I can dig into now but I am interested the ade info
The breathing is miserable….. like when your lungs seize up after that first cold weather exercise effort.

as time/energy allow I am becoming more knowledgeable about this. I should have never gone to town…….

It's becoming more clear by the day that the vaccine won't necessarily keep you out of the hospital.

They aren't a 100% silver bullet, but vaccines are statistically highly effective at preventing severe disease...unless, of course, you have the "classic COVID" conditions of advanced age, are immunocompromised, or have compounded comorbidities in which case they are still protective but less so. This protection is evident in CDC's trend graphs, as deaths have been decoupled from confirmed cases in this current Delta wave compared to previous waves.

The average age of breakthrough death in my home state, Indiana is 80 years old. This is notable IMO, because the average life expectancy of a Hoosier is 77.

When I came on shift a several days ago there were 11 covid admissions holding in the ER. 4 were vaxxed, 6 were not, 1 was unk. I didn't think to correlate their age in my informal survey. That said there's been a significant decrease in covid admission cases over the last week. Hopefully we're over the hump.

Reactions: BoilerUP
The average age of breakthrough death in my home state, Indiana is 80 years old. This is notable IMO, because the average life expectancy of a Hoosier is 77.

Interestingly enough, the average age for all Covid deaths in your home state is also 80 (49.7% of IN Covid deaths were 80+, so technically the average is just a c-hair shy), so I'm not sure what this proves relative to vaccine efficacy.

The vaccine started off as 90%+ effective against contracting the disease. As that broke down, then we talked about how it was 99+ effective against hospitalization. Now that's broken, it's now a matter of trying to tease out differences in fatality rates.

The fucking stuff doesn't work. We've gone from that new-car smell to the conversation with the service manager who is trying to explain that 1 quart of oil consumption every 1000 miles is perfectly normal for a modem engine, and it doesn't pass the sniff test.

Interestingly enough, the average age for all Covid deaths in your home state is also 80 (49.7% of IN Covid deaths were 80+, so technically the average is just a c-hair shy), so I'm not sure what this proves relative to vaccine efficacy.
Yeah, one can't determine average age based upon ISDH's age groups.