• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remember the Great .30-06 Debate 10 Years Ago?

Bowfish, font overlook H4350 or 4831. I was using RL22 and I got decent groups sub 1/2 moa but I felt the rifle could do better. I bought a few lbs of H4350 I went to work again. RL22 gave me velocities right around 2850 from a 22.5 inch barrel at 60 degrees and on average just over .5moa. When i switched to the h4350 my groups tightened up into the .3s and .4s with ease. The velocity was right with tge RL22, I was expecting to see a drop of about 50fps. I have not had a chance to shoot the H4350 at dostance yet, its been too fteakong cold or windy. My best measured group over 100 yards came in at 1.495 for fivr shots at 360 yards with the RL-22. I forgot to mention I am shooting 190 CCs...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shoot1K</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My good friend German Salazar (Triple Distinguished in highpower, pistol and small bore) has done a lot of competitive shooting and testing with the 30-06. He has some really interesting articles on his blog at www.riflemansjournal.blogspot.com

You guys may enjoy them. </div></div>

Good read.... Thanks.

Great read! Thanks for the heads up!

I love this thread. Makes me feel less crazy about what we did in the old days with the .30-06 in the land of plentiful, bomb-proof Mauser actions. Not so much for extreme range but to get the flattest trajectory within hunting distances.

Been reloading some for my dad and my brother, just some deer rounds right now for that easy 150-250 yard shot. Plan on seeing if i can push the envelope some with my brother's rifle (BLD 30-06 700 with 24 inch barrel) with the 190's. Gotta get him a better scope tho.

RL19 and some 165 PSP's is what i'm working with right now. Is RL19 good for the 180's or should i try a different powder? Its a helluva difference next to my 175FGMM 308 loads thats for sure.