• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remember when….

Trevor300wsm

Team Pantydropper
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 8, 2009
    Oklahoma
    After taking a long break from PRS (I shot from 2012-2018) I decided to get back into it this year. I was absolutely fucking shocked to see the prices of bullets and powder. $50/lb for powder and similar for a box of bullets. Thankfully I had alot of shit stockpiled from back “back in the day”. I started loading for a new Dasher and opened up a new 8lb jug of Varget. I noticed the price tag on it and just thought to myself “we won’t ever see these prices again”. I’m fortunate enough at this point in life that the cost components really isn’t an issue, but I just don’t see how some folks can afford this sport these days.

Attachments

• 9B89EC51-1BE7-4065-831E-FB9A96F66589.png
      9B89EC51-1BE7-4065-831E-FB9A96F66589.png
      2 MB · Views: 179
    After taking a long break from PRS (I shot from 2012-2018) I decided to get back into it this year. I was absolutely fucking shocked to see the prices of bullets and powder. $50/lb for powder and similar for a box of bullets. Thankfully I had alot of shit stockpiled from back “back in the day”. I started loading for a new Dasher and opened up a new 8lb jug of Varget. I noticed the price tag on it and just thought to myself “we won’t ever see these prices again”. I’m fortunate enough at this point in life that the cost components really isn’t an issue, but I just don’t see how some folks can afford this sport these days.
    There was a point people were getting $600 a 8 lbs jug on gunbroker for H1000 and a few others

I remember Midway selling 5000 small pistol primers no hazmat and free shipping . $135.00

I remember Midway selling 5000 small pistol primers no hazmat and free shipping . $135.00
    Midway had 5k wolf small mags for $100 plus hazmat with free shipping bought 10k for $240. The last Varget I bought was $260 for 10 pounds including shipping and hazmat, Natchez shooting sports. (Both in 2013.) I paid $146 for an 8 locally. (2000 or 2001) Got someone in trouble, the shop computer had $168 but the shelf weren't labeled yet.

Bought powder over in October and was no where near as lucky. $578 for 15 pounds of powder, mixed single pounds no 8's in stock. $38.53 a pound average after shipping and hazmat.

I'm going to hate buying bullets when I run out in several years. I used to do Sierra drop ship orders when it was 8% off and no shipping. 500 77 gr smks for $90. I used to buy a them even though I didn't need them.

ETA: 100 Hornady 6.5 140 eld were $37.83 shipped at Scheel's in October.

Sadly, I don't think prices are coming down much below that.

Last edited:
    PS: I haven't seen primers under a dime a piece in 4 years but I bought 2k large rifle match for $90 during the COVID shutdown.

Reactions: Trevor300wsm
    I bought a 3 ,8# jugs of Data powder 2250C for 49.00 a jug back in 1999, at weidners IIRC , still have one jug unopened and probably 5lbs in another and 2 1k count boxes of Winchester small rifle primers from the same time period no price tag on the primers but I think they were around 10.00 a box. The good old days.

Reactions: Trailgomer
    One guy says, "I remember the signing of the Declaration of Independence."

Second guy says, "I remember the signing of the Magna Charta."

First guy, "Well, I remember being at the Last Supper."

Second guy, "I remember. How did you like the tip?"

Edited to add:

My grandmother would say, "I remember when bread was five cents a loaf."

My step-grandfather would say, "God, what a memory!"