• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remembering 9/11: the long list of those murdered 20 years ago. What a difference a day makes.

clcustom1911

Muppet Extraordinaire
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 23, 2017
    The River in Arizona
    My mother is retiring from being an American Airlines flight attendant at the end of this month. 20 years and 1 day ago (09/10/01), she was working on American Airlines flight 11 from Boston to Los Angeles. 24 hours later that same AA Flight 11 would be hijacked and used as a weapon against the WTC North Tower.

What a difference one day can make. I'm blessed to still have my mother in my life after this series of events as well as her surviving breast cancer a few years back.

There are thousands upon thousands of people who weren't so lucky.

Screenshot_20210911-130635_Gmail.jpg

Glad your mom made it.

For some reason these 4 names have stuck in my name for 20 years. They were 4 of the guys who rushed the cabin on flight 93.

Beamer
    Bingham
    Burnette
    Glick.

Todd Beamer is the won who said "Lets roll."

I dont think about it every day but I remember well where I was at that time.

God Bless ya'll. RIG (Rest in Glory)

Plenty of vivid thoughts from that day. I had to spend over 7 hours riding in a van listening to it unfold before seeing it on TV. TDY was never the same afterwards. Plenty of people were changed forever.

Never forget.....

The thing that hit me the hardest was the phots of the “jumpers”

I was conflicted. I asked my father how evil could win. How these people had to choose between burning alive or jumping to their death. I couldn’t understand.

My father swallowed hard and told me in a very low voice and eyes trained on mine “this was their FUCK YOU to evil, they wouldn’t die at the hands of evil, they would take their own lives first”

It was a perspective I had not considered.

later in life I realized they were likely choosing the faster option vs burning alive….but I still believe my father.

Like so many that day changed me forever. I signed up to fight, and I did. For what? Now the dust settles and my team lost.

I remember not being able to buy a flag so I purchased a NY Times and taped then 1/2 page flag they printed in my living room.

To this day 9/11 is the only day I dip my flag.

BE SAFE OUT THERE EVIL IS CELEBRATING TODAY.

Never forget......and never forgive!

Thankfully, your mother was saved from that day! memtb

Man... I remember it like it was yesterday. I was in homeroom in high school at the time. Classmates lost parents and teachers lost spouses.

I was standing next to a girl named Liz when one of the towers went down and I'll never forget the look on her face. Her dad was up there. I didn't know her very well, but the look in her eyes brought a lump in my throat I couldn't manage to choke back down.

Classmates with long standing issues put their bullshit aside that day and came together like nothing I've ever seen. The jocks were even consoling the punks and vice versa. The kids with cars were shuttling people they didn't know or get along with to their homes, then looping back around to the school to do it again. My neighbor Joe was retired FDNY and way past his prime. He left for the city that morning and I never saw him again.

I've never seen people come together like that, not before and not since. It was simultaneously the most horrible and beautiful thing I've ever seen and I couldn't forget it if I tried.

I was camping and had no idea anything had happened for weeks. I about shit my pants when I watched the video.

• Wow
    Reactions: rhsc
    Today just makes me mad.

thank you military industrial complex for starting your “war” with mass blood sacrifice to your satanic pedo cult.

its just disgusting.

I feel for the loss. I’ve stood there and cried like a baby. Needless death so our overlords can buy the third house.

005B6CFD-25A6-4B86-B628-D347F77B63C5.jpeg
    0BB9FA59-72D8-4E77-B316-2E5EAC2B3237.jpeg
    E33DF412-6551-491C-A903-587A9D33D0C1.jpeg
    EB346169-2B78-48F5-8772-04AD495494DA.jpeg
    CDD9E5AE-77C1-4918-BA8D-022696DCD300.jpeg

Any advertising aside, this is still the most moving tribute Ive seen. Brings a little tear to my eyes.

Reactions: Defender3
    Had literally just ETSd and returned from Germany/Kosovo to the US when this happened. Remember seeing the one building kind of smoking and no one knew WTF was going on; it was slowly becoming a joke of 'how dumb do you have to be to hit that big ass building with a small aircraft' and then the shadow of the 2nd one showed up. Never had anything since been so confusing one second and so clear the next than this.

I would have laughed at you and punched you in the dick had you told me then, that I'd be in Afghanistan within a few years pulling some of those names back at 3am.

I had just gotten divorced and lost my second little brother. It was a tough time. Then 9/11 happened.......

• Sad
    Reactions: rhsc
    I was camping and had no idea anything had happened for weeks. I about shit my pants when I watched the video.
    You are the first person I've heard of who was even farther out of touch with the events of Sept. 11 than I was. The day before, I had decided to take off from work that Tuesday and go for a day-long solo motorcycle ride as the weather was supposed to be good. Got on the road early, then never really talked to anyone, though I did notice that the clerk and customers at a little store where I stopped for fuel around noon seemed unusually quiet and reserved. Didn't think much about it and went on my way. The other hint, thinking back about it, was I had become vaguely aware of the lack of any airplane contrails in the sky as the day went on. A front had gone through the night before, so the sky was clear blue from horizon to horizon; it seemed kind of unusual but I didn't think much more about that either. Got home about 7pm, parked the bike and turned on the TV only to find out the world was forever changed from when I had departed that morning. So real, yet so unreal.

Sept 11.jpg

Last edited:
    I remember my friend and I went into Manhattan once they reopened the bridges and tunnels. The thing that stuck in my mind the most were all of the missing persons photos that people printed out and taped all over. Seeing that with the backdrop of the smoldering downtown area was surreal (the smoke continued for at least 6 months after 9/11).

Reactions: rhsc and Bender