• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 1100 tactical

smithc6

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2010
Corvallis, OR, USA
Have you guys heard anything good or bad about this tactical shotgun? Im not too familiar with it, and just wanted to see if there was a reason i should avoid this version. Thanks

Re: Remington 1100 tactical

I have a Hunting Rem. 1100, and well I just love that thing. Very good handling and a good shooter. Very fast to swing and stops on a dime. I would get the TAC model in a heart beat.

Hope this helps.

Scott

I have a rather old 18.5" 1100. My wife gave it to me. I have not gotten too many rounds though it, but it has functioned well with everything from #8 Shot to one ounce slugs. I really do like running the plate rack with it.

Good to hear there are no real scares about the gun. I was offered one in a trade for my custom R700 and wanted to make sure I wasnt walking into a headache. Thanks for the heads up guys. Any other feedback would be appreciatted as well.

Oil it thoroughly and change the Gas O-ring every time you do maintenance on it . Eric Wesselman sells O-rings for it for a lot less than anywhere else and I think they hold up even better than the factory ones . I have been running the Remington 1100 Tactical since it was first introduced as the Remington competition Master and its worked fine for me .

I usually start feeling guilty after 3-400 rounds and will tear it down , clean and oil it and throw a new O-ring in it . The only failures I have ever experienced were due to lack of oil . Their are those who would have you believe that a well built gun doesn't need a lot of oil to run right but if you want to guaruntee a 1100 keeps running then keep it well lubed . Its really not hard , pull the extension tube or cap off , remove the handguard and spray on some rem-lube or whatever else you like to use (I use Automatic Transmission Fluid) , shake the excess off and re-install the parts you removed .

My pard ran his 1100 at the MGM Ironman and shared it with another guy . They shot almost a 1000 rounds through it before it started choking .

Supposedly the interceptor latches come loose and need re-staked occasionally but mine never has . If it does I will send it to Shawn Carlock at defensive Edge and have him do his Interceptor latch fix and drive on .

A lot of the top shooters have moved on to other shotguns but for the occasional 3-gun , tactical match competitor its more than enough shotgun . I don't shoot the 1000's of rounds that Bennie Cooley or Dave Neth do so I have never noticed the problems that those guys have .

Many skeet colleagues have 1100s and will not give them up. One guy on my squad is probably well over 100,000 rounds through his, if not more, and I've never seen it fail, or even stove-pipe for that matter. Don't have one myself, but I wouldn't think twice about buying and relying on one.

I used my uncle's 1100 and he already had 25,000 through it before I got it and I shot at least 3000 before I finally got my own. I am sure the tactical would do the same. I only cleaned it 2 times a year.

My first hunting shotgun was an 1100. I have since moved on to more "graceful" over-and-unders, but am thinking about going back. I shot it for 5 years without cleaning before having a jam... and yes, I am embarrassed to admit, but I was taught by my father that cleaning the gun involved rubbing the bluing down with Rust-pruf after a day of shooting.

I am thinking about going back. It is just a fine gun.

I have had an 1100 built by Hans Vang for years and it just keeps
running. I built an 1100 LT20 for my wife, as a tactical gun and no problems with that one either.
If you wanted to run a steady diet of magnum loads, then I would
look at an 1100 Mag model or an 11-87.
For a tactical gun running standard or tactical loads that 1100
will last for ever.

Hey yall, Im using the search thingy and dragged this old post up........

I was wondering if there is different pistons for the competition 1100? I just put together a 22" barreled with +4 mag tube and a shurshot stock and when I test fired it, I had short cycling on the low brass #8 shot shells. I know I need a new oring but I didn't know if they had any newer pistons for 3gun competition.