• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing remington 1187 "combat" ?

black_ump

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2007
erie,pa 16334
thinking about getting an 1187 special purpose ( had one before) and curious what the main mods are to make them more "combative"

my main mods on my last one where:

18" barrel
2 shot extension
"combat" handle
6 shot side saddle

how ever i was reading about polishing the ? i am not sure what the parts called but it runs along the magazine tube.

I have also seen the extended "thingy" on the bottom of the follower ( you trip it and it lets the follower come up so you can load ammo)

out side if barrel work from vang what else can be done to the gun its self ? The one I had never jammed it ran really really smooth on cheep walmart ammo or 3inch mag ammo

any info would be really cool

Re: remington 1187 "combat" ?

James, I mean this in the nicest way.... but do you get to shoot any with all the stuff you're thinking about getting done and having retrofit to your existing weapons?

Wow... The first thing that comes to mind is that you could get a bunch of deck screws, and run 10 or 12 of them through the stock so the points stick out like a medieval war mace. Then grab the barrel, and proceed to beat the shit out of your enemies... that's about as "Combative" as you can get!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body">James, I mean this in the nicest way.... but do you get to shoot any with all the stuff you're thinking about getting done and having retrofit to your existing weapons? </div></div>

umm i spend about 12 percent of my time shooting, if that gives you any idea.

i like to buy and tinker... or customize every thing i get.

so out side of what i did to my last 1187 their is not much more that can be done to them then huh ?

thats a shame, maybe ill look into an 870 then

Sweet Jesus Man...... I am being Serious as I type this, no more hazing.

This isn't a tinkering sight, in which we dont shoot 12% of the time. This is about long range, precision shooting. This has nothing to do with your HK serrations, "combative" shotgun (in which you will never see combat from your room), and the barely glowing night sights. I am actually kind of insulted that you come in here and take up forum space with you obsessive compulsive ideas about what other absurd mod you can come up with.

I mean really..... do you EVER search the internet for information from elsewhere or do you just ask any question that pops into your head?!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> do you just ask any question that pops into your head?!

</div></div>

bingo... you are correct

When in doubt,,,,,,pray. What exactly is a combat handle? and an extended thingy? Git R Done!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> do you just ask any question that pops into your head?!

</div></div>

bingo... you are correct </div></div>

I found the answer to all your questions......

www.google.com

Or

www.yahoo.com

demons-of-stupidity-400x446.png

I got an 11-87 Police ~ 12 years ago at a gunshow for ~$400.

I burned through the parkerizing to weld a mount for a tritium front sight. I put the mag tube extension on. I put the side mount shell carrier. I put a sling on it.

Then the 1994 assault weapons ban sunsetted in 2004 and I looked stupid with an assault shot gun.

I shot a couple nice groups with rifled slugs at 50 yards and put it in storage. I have not shot it for more than 10 years.

It has not been a terrible purchase for me, like a noisy AR15 pistol.
It has not been a great purchase for me, like a Ruger #1V 223.
It has just been a mediocre purchase.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DRA-M40A1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When in doubt,,,,,,pray. What exactly is a combat handle? and an extended thingy? Git R Done! </div></div>

i guess you can call it an extended slide release lever.

the combat handle is exactly what it states, an extended, wider and longer charging handle

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the combat handle is exactly what it states, an extended, wider and longer charging handle</div></div>

Oh...a combat handle...I call that a coat hooker crap snagger handle.

While I'm sure that it's cool for 3-gun I'm not sure it'd have much place in combat.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Badshot308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He's referring to this http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=575180 </div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I have also seen the extended "thingy" on the bottom of the follower ( you trip it and it lets the follower come up so you can load ammo)</div></div>
Ooops, I was referring to this part.
blush.gif

Yeah the other is just an extended charging handle.

Dave's Metal Works Easy Loader.
whistle.gif

Put a short speedfeed stock on it, Vang Comp safety, + 2 or 3 extension (Wilson for +2, Nordic for +3) with a Wilson/Nordic follower, add a DMW Easyloader and Mesa sidesaddle if you must.

Really, the easyloader is a 3gun thing. If you are wanting a "Home Defense" shotgun, it should be an 870 Express. Just chop the barrel back to 18.5 or so and add a +2 extension. Easier, cheaper, more reliable, more fun.

Ignore the hater's!
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Witch Doctor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey now, Airsoft is combat . . .
laugh.gif
</div></div>

ABSOLUTELY! Just ask this kid...the posterboy for the ENTIRE airsoft community!
wink.gif

2zya8bb.jpg

iam actually talking about both parts.

I had the extended or combat handle on my 1187 but not the daves metal works extension thing, it was my next mod before i sold the gun.

the 1100 tactical or competition or what ever they call it has the extended bolt release or what ever remington calls it.

i was just under the impression a company like night hawk could do more work to slicken up the action or some sort of other fancy work to them out side of getting a vang barrel

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chainring</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dave's Metal Works Easy Loader.
whistle.gif

Put a short speedfeed stock on it, Vang Comp safety, + 2 or 3 extension (Wilson for +2, Nordic for +3) with a Wilson/Nordic follower, add a DMW Easyloader and Mesa sidesaddle if you must.

Really, the easyloader is a 3gun thing. If you are wanting a "Home Defense" shotgun, it should be an 870 Express. Just chop the barrel back to 18.5 or so and add a +2 extension. Easier, cheaper, more reliable, more fun.

Ignore the hater's!
grin.gif
</div></div>

no offense, but my 1187 ran every thing no problems whats so ever as a matter of fact after i bought the gun i dug into some reviews on it and almost got sick, every one was talking about them jamming and all sorts of other stuff.

After i cleaned the gun up ( we all know i like to clean things ) i bought a 100 round pack of federal junk 7 shot and ran the whole box threw the gun with not one single hang up or any thing.

about 2 weeks later i ran a half case of win super x threw it and again not a single problem no matter what it was the 1187 ran it, i was vary impressed and happy with that gun, should have never sold it

and your right iam not worrying about them "hating" its much easier to hate then appreciate, its human nature and they wont over come it so
smile.gif

laugh.gif
<span style="color: #000099"><span style="font-weight: bold">ROTFLMAO</span></span>

<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-size: 14pt">Don't HATE, Appreciate . . . Thats rich</span></span>

How about proper grammar, capitalization, and punctuation !

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Witch Doctor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
laugh.gif
<span style="color: #000099"><span style="font-weight: bold">ROTFLMAO</span></span>

<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-size: 14pt">Don't HATE, Appreciate . . . Thats rich</span></span>

How about proper grammar, capitalization, and punctuation ! </div></div>

hahahaha i got your proper grammar in my pants

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">After i cleaned the gun up ( we all know i like to clean things ) i bought a 100 round pack of federal junk 7 shot and ran the whole box threw the gun with not one single hang up or any thing.

about 2 weeks later i ran a half case of win super x threw it and again not a single problem no matter what it was the 1187 ran it, i was vary impressed and happy with that gun, should have never sold it</div></div>

lmfao

Really put that gun through it's paces huh? I'm sure your 225 rounds really gives you a good sampling of a guns characteristics.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Witch Doctor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
laugh.gif

How about proper grammar, capitalization, and punctuation ! </div></div>

hahahaha i got your proper grammar in my pants </div></div>

So you know how to spell vagina?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

You spend 12 percent of your time shooting? Really, 3 hours a day? Everyday?

You sure you didn't mean 12 minutes in your lifetime?

hangunnr

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hangunnr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

You spend 12 percent of your time shooting? Really, 3 hours a day? Everyday?

You sure you didn't mean 12 minutes in your lifetime?

hangunnr </div></div>

rephrase i spend about 3 full days of the whole year shooting

and to the above i put well over 250 threw the 1187 from high brass to the low brass and all the junk between i never had a single problem out of the 1187

Really a whole 250 rounds through your 1187 and no issues.
crazy.gif

I put 1,000 rounds through my new 1911 last weekend, before deciding what I would change. How about you actually spend some time behind your guns instead cleaning them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">rephrase i spend about 3 full days of the whole year shooting</div></div>

Well...that works out to <1% of your time, James (0.8% to be more precise). That proves that you really NEED to get out and shoot more.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Witch Doctor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Really a whole 250 rounds through your 1187 and no issues.
crazy.gif

I put 1,000 rounds through my new 1911 last weekend, before deciding what I would change. How about you actually spend some time behind your guns instead cleaning them. </div></div>

that is why you are a super star

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">rephrase i spend about 3 full days of the whole year shooting</div></div>

Well...that works out to <1% of your time, James (0.8% to be more precise). That proves that you really NEED to get out and shoot more. </div></div>

in some ways yes, if i was going to be the cool operator i was portrayed as in a recent video then i better get shooting, how ever thats not the case and its not that big a deal to me

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

thinking about getting an 1187 special purpose ( had one before) and curious what the main mods are to make them more "combative"

</div></div>

Doesn't HK make any shotguns? Or maybe a Saiga 12ga with an auto sear?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> slicken up the action </div></div>

slicken...really...I think I saw a bottle of that in a Jenna Jamison DVD last night...WTF

rephrase i spend about 3 full days of the whole year shooting

and to the above i put well over 250 threw the 1187 from high brass to the low brass and all the junk between i never had a single problem out of the 1187 </div></div>

wow... 3 days/year does not equal 12 percent of your time, more like <1%.

And 250 rounds through a shotgun is what most of us call a nice relaxing afternoon not the lifespan of a firearm.

in some ways yes, if i was going to be the cool operator i was portrayed as in a recent video then i better get shooting, how ever thats not the case and its not that big a deal to me </div></div>

Dude, the more I read the more you are hurting me, I've probably owned over 200 guns in the past 10 years. Some were just for collector value, some cause the price was right, some were shooters, and some because I'm impulsive. I've worked between 1 and 3 jobs concurrently in the same timespan generally 6 days/week for 50+ hours a week. Somehow find time to shoot alot more than you (twice a month when the weathers bad, more when it's good) I find time to reload (600 rounds in the past week). And I've never claimed to be an operator, nor has anyone tried to portray me as one on TV.
frown.gif

Here is my advice:

1. Sell all the crap you bought cause it made you think you were Jack Bauer.

2. Find a shooting sport you like, be it USPSA, IDPA, Skeet, Trap, Bianchi Cup, NRA Highpower, Bullseye, Sporting Clays whatever...

3. Buy a Dillon 550 (or a MEC if you choose to shotgun) and the proper firearm for the class of sport you wish to participate in (think economical).

4. Shoot the hell out of that gun, complete at least monthly in local matches, pick up your brass (hulls) and roll your own ammo.

5. When your skill level surpasses your equipments capabilities (think 12-18 months) then start looking at upgrades/replacements.

You will learn more, and become a better shooter than you ever imagined. And nobody will ever rag on you again for having a performance minded goal in mind, and working to attain it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: villhelm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You are dumb.
</div></div>

i have to act stupid its the only way you look good

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

Doesn't HK make any shotguns? Or maybe a Saiga 12ga with an auto sear? </div></div>

ummm i dont think they do the shot gun thing any more to be honest with you... they used to have some cool models like the fp6 but i think that all went down the tube so they could worry more about the up and coming like mp7 and 416/417 and the new thing they just put out to replace the saw, the mk23 and every thing that was roller locked they quit production on all that

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

Doesn't HK make any shotguns? Or maybe a Saiga 12ga with an auto sear? </div></div>

ummm i dont think they do the shot gun thing any more to be honest with you... they used to have some cool models like the fp6 but i think that all went down the tube so they could worry more about the up and coming like mp7 and 416/417 and the new thing they just put out to replace the saw, the mk23 and every thing that was roller locked they quit production on all that </div></div>

He was making fun of you, idiot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

ummm i dont think they do the shot gun thing any more to be honest with you... they used to have some cool models like the fp6 but i think that all went down the tube so they could worry more about the up and coming like mp7 and 416/417 and the new thing they just put out to replace the saw, the mk23 and every thing that was roller locked they quit production on all that </div></div>

you forgot about the most baddest ass HK shotgun of all (badass glass not included):

the "Silver Lion" imported from Fabarms...
silver12_sm.jpg

If you are really into HK tactical stuff. Try to find an old HK marked Benelli M1 super 90 or other semi-auto shotgun you can bolts crap to and feel cool.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CNC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

He was making fun of you, idiot. </div></div>

SHOOOOOOOOOOOSH. . . he doesn't realize he is the laughing stock of the board, if he figures it out he might leave.

Man... there be a lot of hate on this forum as of late.

Dude has a question about a gun and gets torn to ribbons for it... sheesh. I thought we were better than ARFCOM???

Well, there are people who have a history of displaying such an appalling level of ignorance and unwillingness or inability to learn that one is tempted to suspect that they are doing so deliberately in order to attract abuse as a kind of perverse hobby.

If it is deliberate behavior, one must admire the amount of talent and hard work it takes. If not, one should have some sympathy for the poor soul, rather than posting abuse.

The difficulty is in deciding which is the case.

Alas, the achievements of the current generation of poorly-educated public school students who apparently learned most of their writing habits in text messaging leads a perceptive observer to lean toward the latter.

Perhaps I am too pessimistic, and the patterns I detect are a reflection of an Internet-based selection phenomenon, i.e., there are actually a sizable number of young people who can think, read, and write coherently - they just have better things to do with their time than to hang out on the Internet.

I shall hope that is the case. If it is not, I fear for the future.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: aggiesig</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

you forgot about the most baddest ass HK shotgun of all (badass glass not included):

the "Silver Lion" imported from Fabarms...
silver12_sm.jpg

If you are really into HK tactical stuff. Try to find an old HK marked Benelli M1 super 90 or other semi-auto shotgun you can bolts crap to and feel cool.
</div></div>

not really into the fabarms shotguns, i think the 1187 is just as good as the hk shotguns and at a better price

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CNC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

He was making fun of you, idiot. </div></div>

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JelloStorm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man... there be a lot of hate on this forum as of late.

Dude has a question about a gun and gets torn to ribbons for it... sheesh. I thought we were better than ARFCOM??? </div></div>

they are jiz bags but its ok i can just post crazy shit until they loose interest

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, there are people who have a history of displaying such an appalling level of ignorance and unwillingness or inability to learn that one is tempted to suspect that they are doing so deliberately in order to attract abuse as a kind of perverse hobby.

If it is deliberate behavior, one must admire the amount of talent and hard work it takes. If not, one should have some sympathy for the poor soul, rather than posting abuse.

Alas, the achievements of the current generation of poorly-educated public school students who apparently learned most of their writing habits in text messaging leads a perceptive observer to lean toward the latter.

Perhaps I am too pessimistic, and the patterns I detect are a reflection of an Internet-based selection phenomenon, i.e., there are actually a sizable number of young people who can think, read, and write coherently - they just have better things to do with their time than to hang out on the Internet.

I shall hope that is the case. If it is not, I fear for the future.
</div></div>

you got it nits

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">Well, there are people who have a history of displaying such an appalling level of ignorance and unwillingness or inability to learn that one is tempted to suspect that they are doing so deliberately in order to attract abuse as a kind of perverse hobby.

I shall hope that is the case. If it is not, I fear for the future.</span>
</div></div>

This was like reading my inner thoughts. Great post as usual Lindy. Cheers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shankster</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">Well, there are people who have a history of displaying such an appalling level of ignorance and unwillingness or inability to learn that one is tempted to suspect that they are doing so deliberately in order to attract abuse as a kind of perverse hobby.

I shall hope that is the case. If it is not, I fear for the future.</span>
</div></div>

This was like reading my inner thoughts. Great post as usual Lindy. Cheers. </div></div>

JHFOIHEOIFJwiefipwej

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: black_ump</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JelloStorm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man... there be a lot of hate on this forum as of late.

Dude has a question about a gun and gets torn to ribbons for it... sheesh. I thought we were better than ARFCOM??? </div></div>

they are jiz bags but its ok i can just post crazy shit until they loose interest </div></div>

I now have you quoted and PROOF that you post off topic and they are meaningless. A clear violation of the rules....

I got a PM from Black_UMP the other day that indicated Frank was banishing him "for good" but he didn't specify why.

I am assuming it is for continued, off-topic posts like the one you just quoted and for general $#!T stirring. In any event...that's the end of that whole saga with any luck unless he's allowed to return after a loong vacation for him to reflect on the error of his ways (which is HIGHLY unlikely)!