• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 40x opinions

Hunter24

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 21, 2012
Looking at one with Kevlar stock. It's used with a good leupold 36x scope. Gun model is 40x bbr-ks in 308.

What's it worth and anyone here have one?

Re: Remington 40x opinions

Thats a $1500-$1600 rig give or take a hunderd or so. I have owned several 40X rifles in various configurations.They all have been super accurate (1/2 moa or less). The one you are looking at should be a single shot in a green synthetic benchrest stock. If it has been well taken care of and fits your needs then go for it.

It is single shot. Was originally green but now painted. Thanks for info.

I have a friend with an older one (1980's) and its a 1 holer to 300 yds. It's in 220 swift. But the 7 mag I shot was terrible, but he hadn't found a good load for it. I love the 40x with the kevlar stocks in 308 down. There's a reason the guarantee the smaller cals to shoot better than the big boys. My other friend has 7 40x's , and it makes me sick, none of them have ever been shot, or even out of the box. I have wanted to buy the one in 2506 for a long time. Get it

Ive owned that gun, get it. mine would shoot in the .3s

if it's a reasonable price and you've got the cash, pick it up and giggle like a kid in a candy store....