• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 40XB 22lr scope base issues/help needed

Bosshoff

Private
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2004
Chicagoland
ok, be nice. I have a CMP 40XB 22lr barreled action which I am planning to turn into a trainer. I am looking for a scope base for the 40x rimfire. Obviously, my rifle shipped with target sights originally (long gone), therefore the rear of the receiver is milled flat from like 11:00 to 1:00 when viewed from the rear. I would like to get a single piece picatinny scope base if possible with 20 moa. Does someone make one which will fit, and is flat underneath of the rear mating area between the base and receiver?
If not, can someone help with a two piece base where the front is curved to match the receiver, and the rear is flat? I have searched Weaver's and Leupold's sites to no avail. I called EGW and was told their standard curved one should work, but there would be the gap between the receiver and rear base. This project is kicking my ass. Thanks for the help.

Re: Remington 40XB 22lr scope base issues/help needed

I put a seekins base on mine with no issues, honestly I never looked for any gap at the back. But I suppose if you wanted to you could take some JBweld and "bed" it. Just put it under the back of the base to prevent any flex or just fill in the gap. Im sure others will chime in, good luck and welcome to the 40X family.
Shooting mine is as much fun as you can have with your pants on
laugh.gif

AS

Murphy Precision is a Sniper's Hide sponsor -- he makes them. The mount will sit flat with no gap, comes with the proper screws, and they're available flat to 30 MOA slope:

ml2sd5.jpg

+1 For Seekins
Have Seekins Base & Rings with a Super Sniper on my 40XB.
Glen's Customer Service and Attention to Detail is Second to None. Can't go wrong with Seekins for the $ ! IMHO !!!

Bosshoff -

Is the rear of your 40x truly flat? Typically the 40x and the 700 have a lowered rear bridge, with a very large radius that looks almost flat, but isn't truly. If it does have a slight curve to it, odds are our standard base will fit perfectly. If it truly is flat, I can make you a custom one to fit, if you can measure the gap between the top of the front ring, and the flat area.

- Cameron

I went with a Leupold and had the gap. Got a nice EGW with the 20 MOA slant and it fit great.

Thanks everyone. I figured it out. I guess it has been a long time since I held a naked 700 receiver in my hands. I grabbed my 700 .308, and pulled off the badger ordnance 20 moa rail. Guess what, it fits fine. The 40x receiver has the exact shape as my 700. I remembered it incorrectly in my mind. I am going to go with a Seekins 20 moa rail and rings.