• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

remington 40xb tactical

hiddenmongoose

crazysection
Minuteman
Oct 30, 2009
Ireland
hey just new to this site, recently bought a remington 40xb tactical in 308, was wondering if anybody here does or ever has owned one, interested in their opinions and experiences. Im bringing it out to 1k tomorro morn so should be interesting day

Re: remington 40xb tactical

Yea, have in in left-handed version, great gun, accurate, I like it.

Any particular questions?

hows it working out at 800-1000m? what bullets are you running at those distances? did you stay with the factory stock, i changed for a aics

The AICS is an upgrade. You can run a good number of bullets to 1K but I'm liking the 155 lapua with the high BC. Welcome to the hide.

shot it to 1k ,went very well with remington match 168's iv got some lapua 167's i want to try out too. im gona put up some pics in the next few days as well

I have had one for two years and never a complaint, shoots less than 1/2 inch groups of 5 at 100 yds. with Sierra 168g Match and 44 grains of Varget in Federal cases and Federal 210 primers, it should be a great performer for you,

Mine has yet to make it out past 200, new gun, still working on which load it likes best, just got the scope it needs.

God to know people are having nice success getting to 1000 yards, not that I have a 1000 yard range around anyway.

This would be a good rifle to try Palma bullets since it has a 14" twist and long barrel.