• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 40x's.... Who's got one?

DrDeath

Colonel
Minuteman
Dec 12, 2009
I'm on a 40x kick as of late. Can you guys here who have em- post pics -Thanks

531e3ee09aaf4512ff1e088e4ced2be0.jpg

There's mine.

DAMN Old Coast that is killer! I would post a pic but mine is an unmodified CMP gun. Boring! Shoots great though. I would like to see a few more too

Dont have one but really think I must get one.

I drool over every Winchester M52 and Remington 40X that I see. I have had about 5 or 6 Remington 40X rimfires over the past few years, they just get better and better. I finally have a ISSUED USMC Unertl MST-100 coming for my 7.62 M40A1 from CMP, so I will put my Unertl MST-100 T-series on my M40A1 .22lr trainer. Good times!

my 40xb tactical,308 in viperskins with t8 suppresor and wearing a pm11 5-25 on top
fc1stz.jpg

in its old skins without suppresor
2prgthe.jpg

total tack driver

Mid 90's Remington 40xb .220 swift keeping the prairie dog population in check, Eastern Colorado, 2012

Attachments

• 220Swift.jpg
    220Swift.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 18
Here's my 40X rimfire, (on the right) with the Unertl 20X scope and then a pic of it's current configuration with the S&B. When I finally some day get ahold of a Annie 54.18 MSR I'll put the S&B on it and put Unertl back on the 40X. (Yes it doesn't have a trigger guard yet in the first pic.)

Last edited:
What's the difference(s) between a 40x and a 700? From the pictures so far they look to be about the same...

They are the same. You are buying the name. Starting in 2009 they started to use a Hart barrel. Before that they used in house stuff.

I like seeing different peoples visions of the 40X rifle. Every time I see one, I want to build another rifle. Thanks for sharing.

Should be able to post some pics of mine in a couple of weeks ,new build nearly completed in 6mm BR with Lothar Walther barrel and ultimate varmint sock ....a lefty as well!!