• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 504

mk4hunter

Private
Minuteman
Jun 11, 2010
Worland, WY
I just purchased a remington 504 and the bolt handle is kind of loose and wiggles around. There is like a set screw on it that i tightened and it just came loose again. What is the best and easiest thing to do. Thanks for the help

Re: Remington 504

My 504 shot really well with the very high end ammo, and like shit with anything I could afford to shoot a lot of. I bought a CZ 452 and did a side by side at the range with 10 diffrent types of ammo. The 504 slightly outshot the CZ with Lupa, .32 to .37 at 50 yards, but the CZ won with 9 other brands of ammo. I sold the 504.

I wanted to replace a 541 CS I had years ago. Took a look at a 504 from the Remy Custom Shop at a local Gander Mountain. Was over $1000.00 and looked like CRAP! Couldn't hold a candle to the fit & finish of my old 541 CS. Now I know why a nice 541 CS commands $600-$800. Hey Remington Marketing, hope your
reading the Hide!!!

you guys are talking about the 504 S's. my 504T HB shoots lights out with just about everything i feed it. i am hoping it will shoot even better once i get it back from STOCKADE STOCKS. he is making me a custom A-5 style stock and bedding it.

Thanks for the input. I tried using some devcon plastic steel that was laying around to keep it in but it still came loose. I don't think it had enough to grab on to. I'm gonna try loctite. I have read elsewhere of people silver brazing their bolt handles. Has anybody tried it?