• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

remington 552 speedmaster from the 70's?

keith jones

Minuteman
Sep 14, 2010
Bulls Gap,TN
My dad gave me his rifle he has had forever. Remington 552 speedmaster I shot it alot when i was younger but at coke cans mainly. I see new ones are way expensive on remington sight. Have any of you all had or shot one of these? INFO PLEASE??

Re: remington 552 speedmaster from the 70's?

<span style="font-size: 14pt"><span style="color: #000099">My Grandfather gave me his 572 Fieldmaster a few years back. It is nearly mint and a blast to shoot, very accurate. He'd be upset that I don't shoot it more but it's one of the few things I have to remind me of him so you know how that goes, lol. Sorry, I don't know much more than it was produced in the early to mid 60's going by the letter stamp on the barrel.</span>

262s68h.jpg
</span>

I still have and shoot my 552 that I got for Christmas in 1978. It is still a very nice gun and I pull it out from time to time with my kids to shoot something different. It shoots short (with manual working the bolt) long and LR. It has real metal iron sights that are nice and unfounded on stuff today.

I've had mine since 1967, my first rifle.If you need info go to rimfire central,lots of great info there.

I have my dad's old 552 from when he was a kid. I can't remember the year(has no serial #) The year marking is a "J" on the bbl. I just got a new bolt from brownells last week. They are great rifles to shoot
grin.gif

Still have my old 552 speedmaster from that era. Used to run great but but developed FTE problems. I retired it to the back of the safe.

I bought mine new in 1972. The thing still shoot's & works as well as it did back then. My old eyes aren't as good with the iron sights as they were so long ago, but I have resisted the urge to install a scope so far.