• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 5R 300 Win mag

kingtiger88

Private
Minuteman
Apr 19, 2008
I am a novice compaired to most on here but will having a muzzle break installed effect the accuracy of the rifle ? I would rather deal with the recoil if need be .

Re: Remington 5R 300 Win mag

No effect on accuracy if properly mounted. I use the Surefire suppressor adaptor muzzle brake,.. It will allow me to use the same can that I plan to use on my AR-10.

H&H as well as APA come to mind for other quality brakes that I have seen folks use.

I have a GAP 300WM I got from someone here. It has a Badger Thruster on it which is Brutal on the people around me. I was at Tac-Pro shooting it last week and Bill had a fellow there that flew in for some private training and it was really disruptive. Figured meh what the hell so I pulled the break. Rifle kicked a bit more but the POI was still the same and the groups were still the same.

I have messed with an AR a bit though and did experience a difference in group size and POI between pulling the A2 hider off and having it on. I would chalk the GAP up to being a custom rifle that was built by someone with a clue opposed to an A2 hider and barrel that is pretty much just put together.

my 5R WM is at AWC getting cut down to 24 inches and threaded right now for an AAC 762-SD brake/mount, hopefully its not too obnoxious unsuppressed

I have a 5r in 300 win mag that i picked up off of gun broker. really likes the 210 berger over h1000, but shoots well with any 180 or larger.

overall length with a can, trying to maintain velocity without too long of a package