• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 6XC - First Remmy and first build

Brazense

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 28, 2008
Sweden
Just thought I'd share some pics and info on the 6XC build I just got finished (if they ever finish, still got some stuff to change).

Rifle is an old 222 ADL that got a new bolt body from a 308, a stock from a Remington XCR Compact Tactical and a 56 cm barrel from Lothar Walther in stainless steel in a 1 in 8 twist with a m18x1 suppressor thread. 23 mm at the muzzle.

The smith is finnish (well, Åland which is slightly different) and very skilled and experienced.

Rifle was intended to be a light hunting rigg but I couldn't really handle the ergonomics, being used to a Sauer target rifle, so I have modified the grip somewhat, hence the repainting. A cheek rest is on the to do list as well.

I have only shot 100 shots so far, I use Normas factory loaded moly coated Berger 105's, which in this cold weather travels at 900ish m/s.

Some 300 meter targets:
11_mil_upp_ej_dmp_300meter_39mmkopia.jpg

12_mil_upp_ej_dmp_300meter_44mm_inklskkopia.jpg

500 meters:
20101226228.jpg

20101226231.jpg

The gun:
P1050693.jpg

P1050692.jpg

P1050689.jpg

P1050694.jpg

P1050690.jpg

Re: Remington 6XC - First Remmy and first build

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 73 fastback</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey, your pistol grip has a goiter
smile.gif
</div></div>

That's just comical. Nice looking rig.

Nice rifle! "Will the drill" down here kicks ass with his 6XC!

I had to google translate goiter....but now it makes sence. :)

Shooting the rifle surpressed really makes a lot of difference. Unsurpressed, I actually think the rifle is quite unpleasant to shoot. Not that it "kicks like a mule" or anything but the recoil is really fast and, in lack of a better word, whip like compared to a 308 or moderately fast 6,5x55.

With the surpressor, it feels like shooting a 22 with the sound of a spring airgun. Quite nice.

With some better shooting on my part, I think the rifle can produce good results on score shooting and hunting.