• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Remington 700 1000+ yard capability?

Re: Remington 700 1000+ yard capability?

That wasn't covered before the "Mod3ern Sniper" qualification?

If you are a beginning precision rifle shooter, you are going to get hazed pretty good for choosing a screen name like "Mod3rn Sniper". It's like a big "fuck you" to all the professional Snipers on this board.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mod3rnSniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fuck you. </div></div>

promise?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mod3rnSniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fuck you. i am a modern sniper </div></div>

orly.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mod3rnSniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fuck you. i am a modern sniper </div></div>

Now, now...do you kiss your mama with that mouth?

Situational Awareness fails you. Otherwise you would notice that this question has been covered about six million times.

Search and you will be rewarded. Search not and your ignorance will continue.

However I have a feeling your time here will be short. Enjoy.

Oh this is entertaining.... clueless d-bag telling real snipers to fuck themselves? Might want to stick to your video game moron.

Here is a parting tip for you-
USE THE FUCKING SEARCH FUNCTION

I'm just curious - how old are you there, mod3rn sniper? 14, 15?

I think it's adorable that you fancy yourself a sniper, and you're looking for answers on basic stuff like this. Nothing on your profile about who you are or what you do. You're just a sniper. A modern one at that. Neat.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mod3rnSniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yes i am a awesome sniper and ur a noob. </div></div>

My mistake, dont bother with the trigger. Go for one of these, all the pros use them!

xbox360controller.jpg

OH FUCK.

New guy just committed suicide and has no clue the pot of shit he is stirring.

If you were a modern sniper, you would know your answers to your question.

also, that guy with the blue name, knows what he is talking about. might wanna pay him some respect and pay attention to what he has to say.

Don't bump the guy, first bit of fun I have had today! And his grammar and punctuation are impeccable! Maybe you should refrain from posting for a few months until you have some basic understanding of long range shooting. You could spend literally months searching this site and learning a lot. But you probably wont quit posting will you.

Don't bump the guy, first bit of fun I have had today! And his grammar and punctuation are impeccable! Maybe you should refrain from posting for a few months until you have some basic understanding of long range shooting. You could spend literally months searching this site and learning a lot. But you probably won't quit posting will you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Droid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now fellas the op is Obviously l337 on COD. </div></div>

This. Too many video games.

it has to be a member messing around LOL. cant be for real Right?

There was far too much conviction in the 'I am a modern sniper' statement.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RWG818</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it has to be a member messing around LOL. cant be for real Right? </div></div>

I want a rifle that I can shoot 1000 yards with, has the recoil of a .22lr, the energy of a .50 lapua, a 12 inch barrel, no muzzle blast, no more than 12 inches of drop at 1k, zero muzzle flash, weight max of 6lbs, and a100 rd mash for cqb for my job as a navy seal lapd swat sniper entry team member recon green beret.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SPDSNYPR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I want a rifle that I can shoot 1000 yards with, has the recoil of a .22lr, the energy of a .50 lapua, a 12 inch barrel, no muzzle blast, no more than 12 inches of drop at 1k, zero muzzle flash, weight max of 6lbs, and a100 rd mash for cqb for my job as a navy seal lapd swat sniper entry team member recon green beret. </div></div>

You forgot Delta.

Post a link to your Unit, Department, or post your past 201 file,... if you have one. We are gullible, but not stupid.
After the "Fuck you" part the hounds are sniffing, an so far the sniff test says, your full of shit. You post the required, I'll retract, if not,..well.
Remember, you can't make a comeback, from a place you have never been!

Ok, I am a bit long in the tooth and am trying to keep up. Exactly what is a "modern sniper"?

OFG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Short-bus</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SPDSNYPR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I want a rifle that I can shoot 1000 yards with, has the recoil of a .22lr, the energy of a .50 lapua, a 12 inch barrel, no muzzle blast, no more than 12 inches of drop at 1k, zero muzzle flash, weight max of 6lbs, and a100 rd mash for cqb for my job as a navy seal lapd swat sniper entry team member recon green beret. </div></div>

You forgot Delta. </div></div>

And costs as much as a rem 700. Priceless...

It's when you've pwnd all the 12 year olds at Modern Warfare on XBox Live.
flip-them-tables-100-2.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oldfatguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok, I am a bit long in the tooth and am trying to keep up. Exactly what is a "modern sniper"?

OFG </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ben-Sons</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And boom goes the Dynamite</div></div>

flol...

I know we are not suppose to attack new members but WOW! This guy takes the cake.

Mr. Mod3Sniper, you have entered the realm of Class A type personalities. You can not fathom the knowledge and experience of those on this forum. It is well beyond your years. One word sir, humility. I am a combat veteran and have over 18 yrs in Federal Law Enforcement and it would still take me a lifetime to get anywhere near the level of experience that shooters on this site have obtained. My advice would be to try starting over.

To answer your question, get a AICS chassis and NightForce scope. That's about 3 grand. And yes .308 is quite capable.

Wow... so let me get this right .. you come to this form ask a question without even performing a search, and then have the balls to tell a real Sniper to F-off.

You could not make this stuff up.

-K

I can't believe I missed it.

I'm gonna miss this guy. Counting the days till he shows back up ... for an hour or two.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That wasn't covered before the "Mod3ern Sniper" qualification? </div></div>
Lmao

Mod3ern Sniper, dont worry about the 1000+ yards hit, just use adaptive camoflauge and quickscope. Get back to your console and STFU.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 65nut</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you think the thread is entertaining, you should have been there for the shoutbox session! </div></div>

Holy-hell. How did I miss that?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 65nut</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you think the thread is entertaining, you should have been there for the shoutbox session!</div></div>

Is a transcript available? I always enjoy a good read while on the throne.

Is it just me, or is anyone else taken aback when someone makes a blatantly rude comment to a particularly helpful individual on these forums? Sheesh, I don't think I want to go to "Modern" Sniper school.