• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 700 5R Tactical? What is it?

Winny94

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Nov 19, 2013
    Was in the local scheels and saw a 700 in 223 (was told they had 308 too) that was labeled "700 5R Tactical". I wasn't aware there were any other 5R barrels out there. This one wasn't stainless, but rather melonited or cerakoted. It was fluted as well. I believe it was sitting in a B&C stock. Was this some sort of limited run? New?

Was in the local scheels and saw a 700 in 223 (was told they had 308 too) that was labeled "700 5R Tactical". I wasn't aware there were any other 5R barrels out there. This one wasn't stainless, but rather melonited or cerakoted. It was fluted as well. I believe it was sitting in a B&C stock. Was this some sort of limited run? New?

It's just a model, go to their website and read up. 5r is just 5 grooves for rifling, it can come in any contour, fluted etc..
    I'm sure the "tactical" is just the stock offering?

Same as the regular remington 5r with a bell and Carlson m40 style stock instead of the hs and fluted with black cerakote.