• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 700 AAC SD build

Very nice setup, how do you feel about the glass quality on the 4-16? Seems like its hit or miss with some people.

Very nice setup, how do you feel about the glass quality on the 4-16? Seems like its hit or miss with some people.

Without a lot of experience the glass seems to be very clear to me. No problem identifying hits on the steel target at 600+ yards.

With regard to the price, I would have loved to find one cheaper. They were few and far here back in October so when I found one I paid MSRP. I did see one once after I got mine for $699, but it was gone in a day.

I've seen the reg R700 sps tactical that low but not the AAC-SD. That's an amazing price.

Holy Cow Really!?!? I've been having the Exact Opposite Problem! I've been searching Everywhere for the 16" .308 AAC-SD and all I can find is the 20" Versions!

Sweet Looking Rig Bro! Mine is going to be 16" Inch with Surefire Brake in a AICS 2.0 Chassis. Goal is as Compact and Handy as possible. I will also be using the Vortex Viper PST 4-16 FFP Mil/Mil for mine. Can't wait!

My Surefire brake has been on back order with Larue Tactical for over 2 months, with no ETA. I recommend getting your hands on that brake ASAP. Also, anyone recommend any other vendors that I might luck out and find that brake in stock?

Is that a 1" square?

Posted from outer space.

1.047" (1 MOA)

I have been out of action for the past few months. Back in March I discovered the bolt face was cracked at the extractor. After some research I ordered a new bolt from PTG...after all, might as well upgrade. New bolt on the left with Sako extractor and the old bolt on the right.

gqil.jpg

I took the bolt and rifle to Bentwood Gunsmith to have it fitted and the work they did was excellent...as to be expected based upon the recommendations I received and work done by them in the past.

m7i7.jpg

Then it was time for arts and crafts and time to break out the airbrush

fdpg.jpg

qfya.jpg

vyj5.jpg

Since the barrel was removed to fit the bolt, I had to go back to the range to rezero. Wasn't too bad and only took a few clicks to get back to zero. Conditions were windy but temperatures were relatively cool. The difference between the stock bolt and the hand fitted PTG bolt was night and day. The action is smooth as silk.

xqa6.jpg

Is that a 1" square?

Posted from outer space.

1.047" (1 MOA)

I have been out of action for the past few months. Back in March I discovered the bolt face was cracked at the extractor. After some research I ordered a new bolt from PTG...after all, might as well upgrade. New bolt on the left with Sako extractor and the old bolt on the right.

gqil.jpg

I took the bolt and rifle to Bentwood Gunsmith to have it fitted and the work they did was excellent...as to be expected based upon the recommendations I received and work done by them in the past.

m7i7.jpg

Then it was time for arts and crafts and time to break out the airbrush

fdpg.jpg

qfya.jpg

vyj5.jpg

Since the barrel was removed to fit the bolt, I had to go back to the range to rezero. Wasn't too bad and only took a few clicks to get back to zero. Conditions were windy but temperatures were relatively cool. The difference between the stock bolt and the hand fitted PTG bolt was night and day. The action is smooth as silk.

xqa6.jpg