• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 700 AAC-SD report

SgtDave

Private
Minuteman
Oct 5, 2006
Bedford, Tx.
I just put my rifle through the paces at the Tac Pro precision rifle class last weekend and I couldn't be happier with the way the rifle performed. The rifle and optics far exceeded my expectations in accuracy to the point that several comments were made by other students doubting that it was not custom made since it was shooting better that a couple of the full custom rigs in the class. The only thing I had done was drop the barrel and action into a AI chassis and mount the scope. The Vortex 6-24 PST also tracked very well when we boxed it and it returned to zero every time. I wanted a package that I could shoot out to 600-700 yards occasionally that wouldn't break the bank and I think I got what I wanted. Here is my 200 yard group on the second morning. I pulled the first shot and put the rest in together. Next on my list is getting this crappy trigger out of the rifle and installing a Timney or Jewell.
IMAG0178.jpg

Re: Remington 700 AAC-SD report

that is pretty awesome rifle you have there. I would take that at 200 yards all day long.

Not for nothing, but that is awesome at 200 yards for a factory trigger. I had Moon at GAP set my sons trigger to 2.5 pounds and install an RAD rapid break. Other than that same set up as your rifle, different scope, the aac-sd shoots real good in the AICS. It definitely is an affordable rifle.

What ammo are you running there?

Great shooting.
Jack

It was some factory Winchester supreme 168gr. HP ammo. It shot well up to 800 yards but fell off at 1000. I just got my Dillon 550 set up for .308 so I will be rolling my own soon. I have 175gr SMKHP bullets and Re15 powder to experiment with.

Let us know how your reloads go with the 175 smk & RL15. I also have the AAC-SD and just started reloading (also with 175 and RL15). Only tried a few variations so far and haven't found "the one" yet. Probably a lot to do with me being new to shooting long range and new to reloading.