• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Remington 700 Action from PacificToolGuage

AquaRhombus77

AquaRhombus77
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2023
Oklahoma
Good afternoon guys, I'm reaching out with a question. PTG has a Remington 700 Blueprinted LA. I know that the M24 is chambered in 7.62x51 on a LA 30-06 bolt face. My question is what specifications do I need to give PTG to ensure that I get everything done accurately? So far they're the only place I've found a LEFT HANDED Remington 700 LA.

Thanks for your input!

I've been scouring the internet. So far they are the only one I've found that even has one in stock. Are they a bad company?

please do a search. Way way way more bad comments and reviews than good.

but there are some people who have been satisfied but I will never spend my money there

and I wouldn’t take their in stock status to heart unless you can talk to someone to verify it

Reactions: AquaRhombus77
A buddy of mine bought a complete R700 barreled action from PTG.

It was one of the many that came from Remington after the factory was shuttered and PTG bought up a bunch of them.

When the barreled action arrived, I was indeed an RR prefix action with a factory installed varmint barrel.

The barreled action included a PTG bolt body with the bolt handle.

No firing pin or cocking piece. It also didn’t have an ejector or an extractor. PTG R700 bolts use a Sako extractor.

When he finally ran down all the bolt parts he needed along with all the trigger parts, bolt release, etc, he discovered the factory barrel was short chambered.

No big deal, right? He had it chambered by a 2112 with a pull through reamer and it shot pretty well.

Two months and about six range trips to Quantico’s Range 4 later, the bolt handle broke off the bolt because of PTG’s shitty brazing of the bolt handle to the bolt body.

Other than all that, it was okay.

I have a PTG bolt in a 700. The ejector roll pin hole was drilled too big. The smith I sent it to for the first rebarrel with the new bolt apparently had to mash the pin flat on the end to get it to stay. Didn't notice it until long after. I noticed a year or so later that particular shop posted a notice on their site stating they'd no longer use or work with any PTG parts in their builds.

Are you trying to build a clone-ish M24 in left hand or you just want a R700 footprint action that is left handed? If it's the latter, there are a lot of good options.

Are you trying to build a clone-ish M24 in left hand or you just want a R700 footprint action that is left handed? If it's the latter, there are a lot of good options.
Clone-ish M24 build. I need the Remington LA. I've found a few possible options if I buy a complete rifle used and take the action off.