• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 700 Alpha 1

I see these will have faster twists like 1:8 for 7RM, good for the longer bullets but will they be throated longer too? If not it won't appear that it will help much. It would be nice to buy a reasonably priced, well made, accurate with modern bullets, off-the-shelf Remington 700.
The standard ADL 7RM has 1-8" also. I got one I'm making payments on right now.

Reactions: Gogga
It would be nice to see barrelled actions available too, whatever I buy next is going in a chassis. I have now seen some prices mentioned and they don't look cheap, if they are the same price as a Tikka then I'd most likely go with the proven option. Watching this closely as it would be nice to have some more options.

Reactions: xsn10s
I handled one today. Nice rifle with a really nice stock. It's still a factory 700 but its one of, if not the nicest factory 700 I've seen. I'd sum it up as a 700 with a nice finish and a upgraded bolt thrown in a really nice stock.

One thing I did find a little weird is the barrel profile. It more similar to a light palma or 3b than a light hunting profile. They did that and then chose a CF stock that weighs less than 2 lbs. Just kinda weird IMO.

It would be nice to see barrelled actions available too, whatever I buy next is going in a chassis. I have now seen some prices mentioned and they don't look cheap, if they are the same price as a Tikka then I'd most likely go with the proven option. Watching this closely as it would be nice to have some more options.
Sportsman's price on the 7mmRM ADL is $589, so the Remington is still cheaper. I snagged a deal on a used KRG Bravo with a MDT mag so my set up will be under $850. Full retail on a rifle like mine with new KRG Bravo at $450 would be just over a grand, and I'll have a longer magbox right from the get go.

I handled one today. Nice rifle with a really nice stock. It's still a factory 700 but its one of, if not the nicest factory 700 I've seen. I'd sum it up as a 700 with a nice finish and a upgraded bolt thrown in a really nice stock.

One thing I did find a little weird is the barrel profile. It more similar to a light palma or 3b than a light hunting profile. They did that and then chose a CF stock that weighs less than 2 lbs. Just kinda weird IMO.
Sounds promising. It will take a long time before we seem them over this side of the pond but that gives me plenty of thinking time, no impulse buys here! I'm hoping the Long Range in 7 PRC turns out to be decent as it would work well for what I would use it for and the ranges we have.

Reactions: xsn10s
$1750 at Sportsmans Warehouse just fyi.
Its somewhat interesting, but thats the cost of an Origin Barreled action. Just add $200 for a Trigger.
Id still choose the custom.

Last edited:
Reactions: Redvanes