• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 700 barrel

joemusso

The Brass annealer
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 14, 2011
    Henderson, NV.
    i want to buy or have one made

i want a spiral fluted 26" bull barrel with compensator threaded on.

any help would be great.

thank you
    joe

Re: Remington 700 barrel

ok thats a good hint but i am very new to this and don't know who makes barrels.
    i just figured that some one here could give me a push in the right direction.

one would have to think to them selves why would a person be asking a question like this. maybe lack of knowledge on this subject. the person would have not asked if he had knew the answer.

is this forum here to help the people who might not know everything that is why i came here i want to get a little help with my questions.

like i said i am very new to this maybe i don't understand the rules here.

thank you
    joe

Not much of a hint, at that. Call up some of the sponsors and other barrel fitters/gunsmiths that work on here. They can help immensely. Chad Dixon, GA Precision, "Bugholes", Louisiana Precision..those have been very communicative. Tell them what you want and they can advise very professionally.

thank you former naval person. that is what i was needing.

thank you
    joe

I hope this doesn't come across as jumping on the new guy, but here goes...

It amazes me that someone has a computer. They can find a website dedicated to snipers/hunting/target shooting, but they are incapable of finding a website that has a barrel manufacturer or a gunsmith.

Same thing when it comes to load data for say... Hornady bullets or Hodgdon powder. They all have their websites so why won't people use them??

Mebbe it's just me... ??

Try googling "precision rifle barrles" when I did the whole first page was full of the manufactures I would recommend.

Believe it or not, I believe that someone holds a patent on spiral fluting. Joe fill out your profile, if your close to one of the better barrel manufacturers or one of the smiths here on the Hide, pay them a visit and see what would work for you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike Casselton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hope this doesn't come across as jumping on the new guy, but here goes...

It amazes me that someone has a computer. They can find a website dedicated to snipers/hunting/target shooting, but they are incapable of finding a website that has a barrel manufacturer or a gunsmith.

Same thing when it comes to load data for say... Hornady bullets or Hodgdon powder. They all have their websites so why won't people use them??

Mebbe it's just me... ?? </div></div>

i am very competent using a computer i did find lots of manufactures. with that said the reason i ask the question here is i wanted to know what people here were using or who they were using. i did not want to go to the first manufacturer i found and then not be happy with there product. as you mentioned above about load data i would come here and ask the same questions about what people recommended no matter what i found on the internet. i came here to ask KNOWLEDGEABLE people about what i wanted to know and not be ridiculed for asking a question.

Give Greg a call at Bugholes (just google it). He is a very nice guy and will help you out. You are going to have to tell him what your doing with the rifle for him to completely help and make suggestion......possible chamberings your considering, etc for him to suggest something, but he will get you there. Once you get the barrel, send it to Marty at Twisted Barrel (the link is above) and have him flute it based on what he has available (he has some good pics and descriptions on his website), chamber thread it for your brake. He does his own brakes or you can pick one out and send to him as well. 2-3 weeks later, you have your stuff back.

Last edited:
    This "new guy" has been here has been a member over five years and has over 800 posts. I wonder what the rest sound like?

i guess you missed the thread is from 2011, and his join date was 2011. post count is current 6 yrs later that updates on every thread.

Joe,

We stock both Rock Creek and Brux barrels here. Both manufacturers offer different types of fluted barrels, with an average additional price being $125. You can get a barrel fluted that you already have, but there is always a chance that it will affect the heat treating. It's always recommended to let the manufacturer flute the barrels, unless time is priority. This way you know there will not be any potential issues. We do have some fluted barrels in stock, so feel free to give us a call. I hope this was helpful.