• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Remington 700 bolt knob

armydog

Staff Sargeant Ret.
Minuteman
  • Nov 26, 2010
    SW Michigan
    I saw some place a picture of a Remington 700 that had the factory bolt knob replaced with a simple ball knob, like the ones used on Accuracy International rifles. Any one know who's doing it? I'm just not crazy about the big teardrop shaped knobs like the ones Badger installs.

My ptg action came with one, I know they sell them. I'm sure most places could thread the handle for you and if they don't have a ball you could just put your own on.

I have a PTG round knob, but it's to small for my liking, switched back to the big Badgers.. I wish somebody made a big ass beefy round knob though

I found that a round knob at the same position as the stock knob, puts the knob way too close to the ocular of the scope while opening the bolt. If i tried it again, id lengthen the handle to get the knob away further, like the badger type knobs.

Reactions: armydog
    Usually they tig weld a stud on the bolt handle to move it away. This way you can extend it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a deal going on through AccurateOrdnannce on here right now, they'll thread for $65. All you woul need then is to find the knob you like. Not affiliated, just wanted to let you know of a good deal.

Hollands Gunsmithing makes a replacement knob with a ball. You have to remove the whole factory knob and weld on the Holland. I have one on my TS Custom.223.

Fred Szablewski at Sabreco in Pennsylvania.

2qdapo5.jpg

So I finally got around to getting this done, I found a long swept handle that PTG made, had that shipped to Mile High and Doug TIG welded it in place. Doug did an excellent job his workmanship is top-notch, but I'm not sure I'm happy with the handle that's nothing on Doug it was all my decision to have it done. It comes up too high and was hitting on the power ring of my scope I tried a different scope and it's still rubbed so ended up going with a taller scope mount then I like. Had to move the cheek piece up as high as it would go I guess it works and I'll just run it and see how things go. Pictures with two different knobs the larger one is almost an inch, I think I like the smaller aluminum one better but again the jury is still out we'll see how this works.

Attachments

• IMG_20191226_045908267.jpg
      IMG_20191226_045908267.jpg
      351.1 KB · Views: 57
    • IMG_20191226_045958289.jpg
      IMG_20191226_045958289.jpg
      333.2 KB · Views: 62
    • IMG_20191226_045854824.jpg
      IMG_20191226_045854824.jpg
      470.1 KB · Views: 62
    • IMG_20191226_045950215.jpg
      IMG_20191226_045950215.jpg