• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Remington 700 build

slvrbullet

Private
Minuteman
Dec 9, 2012
Hi, I am new to the long range shooting thing. I recently purchased a remington 700 26" heavy barrel in 308. I am looking to build it up but I am still looking over my options. I have purchased a Leupold mk4 m3 scope. I plan on getting a 20 MOA picatinny rail. I am still looking for rings or a quick release mount. Any Ideas or input would be great. I am also looking at stocks. I like the idea of the detachable mag. I was looking at a Manners or a Mcmillan. Max I will be shooting will be around 800 yds. I would like the option to be able to push it out further. Feel free to share your ideas.
As far as budget.....who knows mabye another thousand or so.

Re: Remington 700 build

If you could give us your budget that would help tremendously... Here are some ideas without taking cost into account...

Stocks: McMillan and Manners are excellent, you could also look into some type of chassis system

Mounts/Rings: Look at Nightforce and Badger for top of the line stuff

Detachable Mag: Badger and Surgeon make great DBMs... PTG and CDI are also good

Welcome!