• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

remington 700 groups

tye270

Private
Minuteman
Oct 18, 2011
AZ
I have a semi-new remington 700 sps. The gun is not fully free floated, yet (with factory federal premium ammo) at 100 yards I can shoot one hole groups. Would you worry about making it 100% free floating, or working up a reload for it? Everything on this gun is out of the box. I mean it works great, should I still "fix" it or should i say improve it? At 300 yards (my zero range) the gun will clover leaf!

Re: remington 700 groups

Well if it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Sounds like you got an out of the box winner, I know it is hard to resist upgrades and improvements. Maybe start with some good glass and take her out to 600Y.

Have fun

No just shoot it the way it is if you are shooting one ragged hole at 100yd's .

I have seen people try and fix rifles like the one you mention and they nelly always end up screwing thing up , just shoot it and work out what you would like to do with it when you shoot it out in thousands of round's .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: roggom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well if it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Sounds like you got an out of the box winner, I know it is hard to resist upgrades and improvements. Maybe start with some good glass and take her out to 600Y.

Have fun

</div></div>
+1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: T.S. #14</div><div class="ubbcode-body">. . . at 100 yards I can shoot one hole groups.

Would you worry about making it 100% free floating, or working up a reload for it?

At 300 yards (my zero range) the gun will clover leaf!</div></div>

Work up the recipe and don't worry about floating. Good for you!

Thanks this is pretty much what i was thinking. its just hard to believe an out of the box gun is doing this well!!! more money for bullets and as mentioned glass hopefully soon i can upgrade the leupold.

You are saying your stock Rem SPS is clover leafing at 300 yds? I call major bullshit on this. Just where in AZ are you, and would you be willing to prove this. Your credibility is being called here, as in many of your other threads. Claiming you are an active sniper, and can clover leaf a stock SPS at 300. Please show us wrong....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: T.S. #14</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a semi-new remington 700 sps. The gun is not fully free floated, yet (with factory federal premium ammo) at 100 yards I can shoot one hole groups. </div></div>

From here: This is painful to watch....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: T.S.#14</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i will be purchasing a new rifle i know what i want rem 700 i have lived with one for the last 5 years and love the guns to death but im not rich i can get good preformance (sub moa) out to 1000 with a stock sps with a 4-12 leupold all i did to it was i gave it a trigger job and i sanded the stock down to free float it fully...</div></div>

So, which is it? Floated or not? I suggest you go back and delete all your posts.

1911fan

I agree with 1911fan. Delete your account an go back to ARFCOM where they might believe your bullshit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: T.S. #14</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I actuly shot a coyote yesterday at a little over 1k. i have no idea how but i did!</div></div>

For the love of God why can't all you naysayers just accept it as fact and truth when someone comes on here and claims to be 'a sniper'????? Why? Why?

Where is the trust anymore? Can't we all just get along and believe what everyone on the internet says they can do or have done?

The name calling, the slanderous remarks, the request for 'proof', the horrid questioning of competency and fact by all the members who really have a clue.....I just can't take it anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I had an 'out of body experience' for a moment and was willing to believe that the majority of posters or posers are really not blatant liars and are indeed truthfull and as proficient as they claim despite their grammar, sentence structure and spelling suggesting otherwise!!!! HOWEVER, the good news......I AM BACK
smile.gif

Straight up!! I have poor man setup, Remington 700sps in 308win and will shoot a ragged hole at 100 yards; but only after a new stock- cheap Houge over molded stock that found in bargain cave at cabelas for $180! Have another cheap 700 in 7mm mag, would not shoot under 4in group out of box without upgrades!

T.S. #14 you claim you got a 3.75 all the way through high school? Were you home schooled and screw the teacher to pass??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: T.S. #14</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="color: #FF0000">y</span>eah they say just to <span style="color: #FF0000">losen</span> the trigger set <span style="color: #FF0000">skrew.</span> <span style="color: #FF0000">i</span>ts the same place on most 700 stock triggers<span style="color: #FF0000">,</span> on the front above the bolt <span style="color: #FF0000">releace</span> button<span style="color: #FF0000">.</span> <span style="color: #FF0000">i</span>ts not a button but you know what i mean<span style="color: #FF0000">.</span> <span style="color: #FF0000">j</span>ust check that you don<span style="color: #FF0000">'</span>t <span style="color: #FF0000">got</span> <span style="color: #FF0000">to lose </span>you really hit the gun afterwards yes hit it with your palm <span style="color: #FF0000">saftey</span> off to check that it wont fire also check for a slam fire ect.. its not hard to do </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: T.S. #14</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="color: #FF0000">w</span>hat do the guys who put their lives on the line use, swat or military. I have used a rem 700 my whole life and never had any <span style="color: #FF0000">problum</span> any time! for the money you can not get better! most high dollar actions are <span style="color: #FF0000">bassed</span> off the 700 anyways. On top of it all look at what you can do with a 700. parts are easy to find and upgrade.

ok <span style="color: #FF0000">not</span> i know <span style="color: #FF0000">their</span> are alot of nice actions/rifles out there, I do not know of them all i am sure. I just have one question when it comes to that much accuracy. Can you tell the <span style="color: #FF0000">diffrence</span> down range in an eighth of an inch that is less than the <span style="color: #FF0000">diamiter</span> of your bullet. is it <span style="color: #FF0000">possibule</span> you as a shooter made that error? we are humans and I know my gun will hit pennies when i can! thats the thing though.

I am not bad mouthing any of the very high dollar actions or hand <span style="color: #FF0000">laped</span> barrels. I would love to have one (damn women!!!) anyways before getting caught up in so much money and time ask <span style="color: #FF0000">your self</span>, can i shoot that well? i am guilty of doing this myself hope this helped someone! </div></div>

And thats just 2 of your retarded 28 posts....

I can't wait for the video of this cloverleaf at 300 yards with a stock Remington 700 SPS. I shoot with a guy with a stock SPS and I have not seen any better than 1.5 MOA groups. And, that was a very good day. Cloverleafs - I think not!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StanwoodSpartan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">T.S. #14 you claim you got a 3.75 all the way through high school? Were you home schooled and screw the teacher to pass?? </div></div>

LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: T.S. #14</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a semi-new remington 700 sps. The gun is not fully free floated, yet (with factory federal premium ammo) at 100 yards I can shoot one hole groups. Would you worry about making it 100% free floating, or working up a reload for it? Everything on this gun is out of the box. I mean it works great, should I still "fix" it or should i say improve it? At 300 yards (my zero range) the gun will clover leaf! </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SDWhirlwind</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For the love of God why can't all you naysayers just accept it as fact and truth when someone comes on here and claims to be 'a sniper'????? Why? Why?

Where is the trust anymore? Can't we all just get along and believe what everyone on the internet says they can do or have done?

The name calling, the slanderous remarks, the request for 'proof', the horrid questioning of competency and fact by all the members who really have a clue.....I just can't take it anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I had an 'out of body experience' for a moment and was willing to believe that the majority of posters or posers are really not blatant liars and are indeed truthfull and as proficient as they claim despite their grammar, sentence structure and spelling suggesting otherwise!!!! HOWEVER, the good news......I AM BACK
smile.gif
</div></div>

wow i know im an idiot but after seeing that i dont feel like such an newb.

and im a newb good lord, hey T.S. i got a 9 pound 300 win mag sniper rifle you should shoot, custom rem 770 with bedded action with floated barrel you should so through down on it, no safety glasses needed for your expertise in gunsmithing shooting and teacher relations, ill even load the rounds for you.

Im not saying anything but you shouldn't talk the walk

look brother i dont know nothing and honestly your not looking to good if you know what your talking about you wouldn't say what your saying. with out looking at any of your previous post the question about tracking your cold bore shots was a test, i already knew what your answer was going to be

just be who you are a beginner shooter and slow down and and absorb the information to be learned here stop talking like you know everything because even i can tell your full of shit

Very Respectfully
The Newb

P.S. dont go and change you name and stuff your spelling will give you away